Russian lynx

Guest freemetolovefur

Hello.

Who here owns something made of Russian lynx? Is the fur of the Russian lynx appreciably softer than the fur of the Canadian lynx? Frankly, I think the color of the Russian lynx is superior to the color of the Canadian lynx. I have only felt Canadian lynx fur.

thats a good post that should be moved to the Furriers Corner.

Personally I too use only North American Lynxes into my designs and never actually had any of the Russian lynxes in my hands. But keep an eye on this post, I might come back with an answer soon enough.

Yes, I suppose this could be moved, but here goes with my answer. I currently own two Russian lynx, and several more Canadian variety. In general, the Russian tends to be a bit more in the beige range of colour instead of the gray shades and possibly a bit longer guard hairs. I say generally, because of course there is a range. Some Canadian can be nearly indistinguishable from Russian, whilst other coats are "easy" to tell apart. There are very thick. plush and plump Canadians, as well as flatter Russians and so on. The true gems are the all belly Russian lynx coats...no I do not have one as of yet ...that are nearly white with beautiful spotted markings. All in all texture wise there is not an appreciable difference as the species are of course closely related. Variance is from skin to skin more than anything.

Lynxette,i would agree with you wholeheartedly.I have a full length canadiaqn lynx which is wonderfully soft and fluffy.I haven't got a Russian Lynx,but have tried on various white russian lynxes in my local furrier and although sometimes the fur is a bit longer,I've never felt that Russian lynx is vastly superior to canadian lynx.Stick to Canadian Lynx,it's much cheaper and looks more dense because of the darker fur.

• 3 weeks later...