White Death

dumbass45601

Ok so here I was Friday going to work with a little bit of snow. If you don't know I work in Columbus, Ohio USA. Anyway I show up at noon and spend an hour there and my boss tells me to go home because there was snow coming that evening. I call my mother who is always worried about me and said my boss told me to come home. She says if you ever listen to me once listen to me this time, stay up there or else. So instead of going with my gut and listening to my mother I stayed up there at my cousins house.

Well a blizzard kind of waltzed its way through Ohio and I tried to call work early to see if I still had to be there and no one answered so I went off and did not get very far until my wiper blades stopped working. I went to pull into an autoparts store to check it out and I could not see where the side of the road and the actual road was and went off into a ditch.

So to make a long story short, I spent 100 bucks today to get it pulled out am now home. I guess this is another lesson to go with your gut when you know its right.

My problem is so often, I have no clue about whether my head's right or my gut. It's easy in hindsight. Certainly I've done well in a few instances recently following hunches for big payoffs. But that can very often be a hit and miss proposition.

Like Linda, I'm glad you made it through.