A different kind of fur pic editing.

LordTheNightKnight

Rather than slapping a coat on someone obviously not wearing one, I tried my hand at colorizing a picture.

It's based on a painting from the 1700s, but I couldn't find a copy of the actual painting, just this pic scanned from a book.

So I tried my hand at colorizing it. What do you think?

Original

My colorization

I also had to lighten it up a bit before I colorized it.

Interesting idea. I would never have thought of that working that way. Probably if the photo was larger it wouldn't but being that small it certainly does. Good work indeed.

W

Not bad at all!

Did you paint directly onto the background or did you create a second layer, paint it then adjust the transparency of the colored layer to show the background?

It looks very convincing.

Not bad at all!

Did you paint directly onto the background or did you create a second layer, paint it then adjust the transparency of the colored layer to show the background?

It looks very convincing.

I used the free select tool in Paint Shop Pro to cover the sections I wanted to cover. I made sure to zoom and and used the add and remove abilities to the selections, to be as precise as possible (and if you do, turn off anti-aliasing).

Once I had covered the entire section I wanted to color, I fiddled around with the colorization functions to see what looked right.

The best method was to use the overlays of the manual color correction. If you do, it's best to use a gray number for the source color, since the default is red.

Very nice work.

I've been doing a lot of restoration on many of the pictures I post in the Gallery and particular the newly scanned ones.

I enjoy the cleaning up and making them better.

Most of the scanned ones I've done lately are actually better than the originals from the magazines.

OFF

Congratulations!!! An impressive job, indeed. Final result is really great! How much time a piece like this took you? Surely it was worthy every second...

A great job..

But this is so bizarre... I have just shot a video to go onto the march update for fursluts2.com in PRACTICALY THE SAME DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the video has fur and the same dress.. what the heck is the chance of that..

I own my own period costume and furs.. I will post a picture in the gallery right now....

this is really wonderful..

Brandy

xxxxx

A great job..

But this is so bizarre... I have just shot a video to go onto the march update for fursluts2.com in PRACTICALY THE SAME DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the video has fur and the same dress.. what the heck is the chance of that..

I own my own period costume and furs.. I will post a picture in the gallery right now....

this is really wonderful..

Brandy

xxxxx

Almost the same (that dress was a common style). The skirt is satin, not ermine.

Just some brightness/contrast adjustments?

I can't tell very well with my old CRT screen. It's getting a little tired.

9 years, going on 10 isn't bad for a computer, these days, though!

Just some brightness/contrast adjustments?

I can't tell very well with my old CRT screen. It's getting a little tired.

9 years, going on 10 isn't bad for a computer, these days, though!

It's clearer if you zoom into them. Yet I just made three adjustments.

1. The shadows underneath the dress were recolored to match the floor.

2. The part where the overskirt was next to the ermine was darkened to show the shadow there.

3. The ermine tails were darkened, as they were silver.