Question 2. What do you think of paid memberships?

White Fox

What do you think of everyone paying a membership here?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of everyone paying a membership here?

• I like the idea of everyone paying $10 membership when they join.
    • I hate the idea of everyone paying a membership here!

I agree to keeping things free, I think it's a plus for people. Even more so when it's a place for people to learn more, explore and talk with others with similar interests.

As for paying/ contributions, if there was some kind of benefit to it that would be a nice plus. I wouldn't go as far to recommend gifts, with the shared interest, that could get pricey. Instead, perhaps some other incentive like a paid members section, something to that effect?

just a note here that anyone giving over $50 has the ability to make a personal web page on our Wiki We can easily help with that if you contact us if you are not familiar with wiki code. Over $100 donation and you can have photos on your wiki page.

Thus, you can actually more or less have your own personal web site. No one has ever really made anything of this. However, I believe that this could be a fascinating area if a few folks began to use it. You could post that site in our links area, post links to it in the forums, etc.

The little things available here to sponosrs now are located Here.

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=FD.TEST2

However, you will notice that the list is outdated due to changes in sponsorship now. We would certainly like to know any suggestions that you would like to give us on possible ideas. The idea of a Sponsors Forum seems a good one, but the one on Melody was never used as I recall. Not saying it would not work here though. Just that we do not want to make this place too disjointed. Would certainly like to hear other's ideas on that.

At one point we thought of the Gallery is being for sponsors only. However, this would restrict contributions to it. And there are even legal issues surrounding asking money for something that is free in most cases somewhere else on the net. And although not all of the photos on our Gallery are not available anywhere else, many, if not all are.

Again though the personal web page area could be a very fascinating place if a few people wanted to make use of it. We will help you with creation of the page.

W

WF -- I understand what you're saying. The point I was trying to make is that members are not being asked to endow a university chair at Harvard or purchase a Riverwalk brick honoring dear old Grandma Millie -- Just simply make a small contribution to offset the expenses associated with running a web site of this caliber (and their fair share is less than a Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese Value Meal at McDonald's).

I made my first donation in 2006. Back then I was more of a "lurker" than a "poster" - But as a frequent site visitor I felt an obligation to support something I both enjoyed and believed in. When I donated the first time, it was a pain in the keester. Not sure if it was me or the way the system was set up at the time. But I am happy to report that my second donation was issue free. Anyone with a paypal account should be able to contribute $5 or more in less than 60 seconds.