hi

Maryse

My sister got two new fur coats for her birthday,and I have two questions about them

1.One of them is "shedding".What can she does to stop this? she keep them in a closet that faces the outside so they are kept cold.

2.One of them is comes to her knees.When she sit in it, like in the car

will it mess it up? Or should she take it off when she get in the car?

Other thing i thanks all of those who give me some advices for beaver coat but in fact i'm wonder if i will not buy a fox fur coat or jacket but i don't know what kind of fox to chose. What do you think is the better?

Thanks

Maryse

Hi, Maryse. My two cents ...

(1) I'm not sure what level of "shedding" you are referencing. Based upon my experience, it is normal for a fur to shed several hairs every time it's worn (especially when it's new). I was surprised at how much fur I found on my navy and black trousers after wearing my full length silver fox coat. But if you are talking about an unusual amount of shedding (where you're thinking if this keeps up she'll have a pale leather coat next season) then she should probably take it to a fur professional for a "check up".

(2) I have been guilty of sitting on my full length furs while driving. Per the experts, you should not do this on a routine basis -- It can cause excessive wear and tear on the fur. You should take the coat off and put it on the seat beside/behind you if you are driving. And if you are a passenger traveling a long distance it's best to take the coat off and either put it on the seat behind you or leave it luxuriously rolled up on your lap (like a big fluffy muff -- I often do this with my furs at the theatre).

Good luck!

Maryse

I would tend to avoid blue fox unless you really like it, as it will turn yellow very quickly. When "blue" yellows the colour is not very nice. It is even much worse that white for instance.

Next to blue, lighter colours in fox tend to yellow as well, but it is not quite as noticeable.

And of course darker colours do too, but you cannot see it.

Hope that helps. I am not saying do not buy a lighter colour of fox. Those are the only ones that I have. However, I would avoid blue if you are not really partial to it, and keep the yellowing in mind when trying on coats of other colours.

You will probably find anything based on white or white dyed another colour is softer than other colours. However, even this is personal preference.

W

The "yellowing" or discoloration of blue fox and other white furs is oxidation of the fur. Prolonged exposure to strong light and / or air pollution will speedup this natural process.