The Middle Ages..and fur.....plus some sexy photos of Brandy

brandy-uk

Hi Everyone..

I have just put some Robin Hood styled photos onto my Sc website...I am wearing a replica of a 14th Century hunting dress worn by the wealthy nobility of England during the middle ages.. it has a fur lining..not real I am afraid.. just faux fur..

Take a look...

http://www.southern-charms2.com/brandyuk/fotos282.htm

The photos will remain live for about a week before they go over to my members area with the rest of the strip and full nudity photos...

warning ... partial nudity is shown in the free area..

before I shot this photo set I did some great research on medieval costumes and furs...

MEDIEVAL INFO..

The dress I am wearing is called a 'Pelicione' it is a hunting dress and was lined with fur on the inside. This is due to the middle ages being colder in climate than today in the UK. The Uk had a break in a 'mini-ice age' about 1330's and this created a change in costume. (obviously there were no ice chunks in the UK. it is just a general term for the constant cold weather) this break in the ice age caused huge wet periods that spoilt harvests and created problems which helped to result in the 'peasants revolt' many many years later.

My costume is from about 1300 onwards... because the weather was colder and generally wet, plus castles were cold and windy.. most noblemen and women wore their furs against the body to keep warm.

The peasants did the same thing and this concerned the Nobles that the peasants would copy the styles of the wealthy.. so they passed laws forbidding peasants from wearing certain furs.. these were called the asumptuary (sp?) laws of Enland.. the most powerful law was passed in 1361

Peasants must stay away from Mink, ermine etc etc and certain rabbit pelts too...

The style of costume that I am wearing has a two fold fashion nature...it has a split up the side so that access to a horse was made easy..but also the split allows you to show off your wealth by parading you fur...and people would comment on what fur it was and how expensive the pelt cost..

The outside material of the dress is made from silk.. the end of the crusades brought silk passage easier to the uk and silk, velvet mixes became the hieght of fashion...

he he he.. did you all enjoy that!!!

love to you all

teacher Brandy

xxxxxx

Brandy...

First off, what a great series. You know, I was just thinking that if you ever need a photographer, I might know of some people here who would like to help you out. Any of you guys like to help her out? I would love to but would never be able to hold the camera still! All kidding aside, it really is a great job you have done there.

*Just wondering if you have seen the time line area in our wiki. I think we should try to include the info you have just typed in there somehow. Give me a few hours to think about it. Would it be ok if we included this info there somehow?

Here is where it is located.

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=FurInfo.TimeLine1

W

This is a longer Version for White Fox.

MEDIEVAL INFO..

The dress I am wearing is called a 'Pelicione' it is a hunting dress and was lined with fur on the inside. This is due to the middle ages being colder in climate than today in the UK. The Uk had a break in a 'mini-ice age' about 1330's and this created a change in costume. (obviously there were no ice chunks in the UK. it is just a general term for the constant cold weather) this break in the ice age caused huge wet periods that spoilt harvests and created problems which helped to result in the 'peasants revolt' many many years later.

My costume is from about 1300 onwards... because the weather was colder and generally wet, plus castles were cold and windy.. most noblemen and women wore their furs against the body to keep warm.

The peasants did the same thing and this concerned the Nobles that the peasants would copy the styles of the wealthy.. so they passed laws forbidding peasants from wearing certain furs.. these were called the asumptuary (sp?) laws of Enland.. the most powerful law was passed in 1361

Peasants must stay away from Mink, ermine etc etc and certain rabbit pelts too...

The style of costume that I am wearing has a two fold fashion nature...it has a split up the side so that access to a horse was made easy..but also the split allows you to show off your wealth by parading you fur...and people would comment on what fur it was and how expensive the pelt cost..

The outside material of the dress is made from silk.. the end of the crusades brought silk passage easier to the uk and silk, velvet mixes became the hieght of fashion...

Edward III king of England who formed the Order of the garter and set up his own 'Round table' bought 368 skins of ERMINE abd one ;mantilletium ' of 67 skins to have made into ceremonial suits for his knights to wear at jousting events. This record is still held under the 'king's wardrobe accounts 1443-4.

The middle ages ranked fur in order of Ermine, trimmed miniver, bische, popellus, budge and lamb (?). Ermine was very strictly for the ROYAL family only, trimmed miniver was also widely used by Royals and was not allowed to minor nobles. Untrimmed miniver could be worn by the nobles and often was restricted to the usage of hoods only for the lesser nobility. Bische, was the autumn choice and it should be followed by Squirrel. Budge (bugetum) could also be worn in autumn by most nobles. Gros Vair was the name given to grey squirrel and was was one of the most popular choices in fashion.

The Sumptuary laws 1340-65

The increase in wealth of trade from the ends of the crusades worried the rich as they felt that their lower classes (traders) would attempt to copy them, so strict laws were passed on the wearing of cloth and fur.

Citizens or merchants were forbidden to wear white fur adorned with Jewels or gold.

servants grooms and artisans to the royal court are not to wear furs and cloth exceeding 2 marks ( 160 pence in the mark ) in cost. Most peasants made (240 pence per year from working the land..estimated on 44 bushells of wheat, barley, flax made from 16 acres of peasant farming)

They are to wear no budge but only lamb (?) , conney (rabbit) , no cat or fox must be worn.

Great pictures brandy

Loooove the style. I would imagine it would also happen "skin out" as well.

That would make a great cloak for today. Maybe a Fox lined housecoat

OFF

When the gallery gets back up, I plan on posting some of the pictures of women in furs of past centuries. My favorite is a skirt of ermine a French noblewoman wore in the late 17th century.

Just to let you know, Brandy's info she posted here is now available in our Library at this link. Have a look folks. The great part of our Library is that you can instantly find things like this.

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=FurInfo.BrandyHistory

Thus, it is now part of our history area.

Lord, it will be great to see those photos. Maybe we can work them into this area down the line.

W