Part of My Story

furdiver

Long time lurker, infrequent poster.

I am a longtime furlover and kept it pretty well hidden from my wife for quite sometime. I had admired fur long before we got together. We have been together now for 13 years and married for 9.

Shortly before she moved in with me I had purchased two lovely coats. The first was a full length tan fox with white fox trim. The other is an incredible full length, over sized silver fox. Both coats are women's coats.

My wife, a former PETA member, had discovered the coats in my closet a few months before we were married. She asked me about them and at the time I was still shy about my fetish. I told her they were hand me downs from my aunt who had died several years before we got together. I was the only relative and acquired most of her belongings. My wife bought into it.

She then began to admire the coats a little more and asked if I minded if she tried them on. My heart skipped a beat. Of course I said it was more than ok. She slipped into the tan fox and I broke into a sweat. She began to stroke the trim and commented on how soft the fur felt. She noticed my jaw haning open and the noiticable physical excitement I was experiencing. She smiled and wrapped the fur tight around her and asked "Do you like me in fur?". I moaned an approving "Yesss" and immediately wrapped my arms around her, before she could unfurl the fur and began passionately kissing her and stroking the fur. We spent the rest of the night making love, with the fur close at hand.

Several years went by and we would occasionaly introduce fur into our love making. It was fantastic and those are some other stories.

About a year ago I got "busted" by the wife. She saw a credit card bill that had some questionable charges to fur sites. She questioned my fidelity but I assured her of my commitment to her and that I had a very special attraction to fur. We talked and things worked out and she had a better understanding of my fur fetish.

My wife is resistant to wearing the furs outside the house but understands how much I enjoy them. Now almost everytime we are intimate the furs make an appearance. Soemtimes they are the center of attention sometimes not. My wife has made many of my fur dreams come true.

FurDiver, would it be ok if we placed a copy of your post here in our Library? It would be located here.

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=History.Memorable

Folks, unless I am badly mistaken, Furdiver has not posted a lot but he has been a member of our sites and posted here for a long, long time. Am I right Diver? I seem to recall you back in the days of the original Den on "Tripod" was it? Am I correct?

Thanks for that great post.

W

White Fox,

That would be fine.

You are correct I have been around a while but have not had many opportunities to post. I hope to post more often in the future. I have always enjoyed all the content here and at the previous sites. We are a special group and when I first started surfing the net I was so excited to find out I was not alone in my admiration of fur.

Wishing you all well.

FD

I know what you mean, I thought i was alone till I found this site too.

Hopefully, my wife will come around to accept my fetish..oneday

Furdiver, thanks so much for sharing how this went in your life. It's a fantastic story!

Sharing like this is definitely one thing I appreciate about this site. I'm not now attached. My own non-acceptance of my fetish has been a big obstacle to my being with anyone. I created an impossible situation by trying to repress it. I believed I was unworthy of love unless I could rid myself of the fetish: you know, be NORMAL! If a woman didn't want to be with me, I figured she'd somehow seen through me and made the right decision. On the other hand, if a woman wasn't turned off to begin with, I was consumed with guilt because it seemed I was trying to cheat her. That would lead to disclosures that were more or less calculated to drive her away

well i didnt tell mine until married for some years. when i bought her one the short version is i got it thrown back at me and told i wasnt normal.

NOW-i am separated. i am moving into a place ofmy own and if there is a next time SHE will know about my appreciation of furs.

i got it thrown back at me and told i wasnt normal.

quote]

Had something similar happen to me...hoping it goes better the second time I try.

Looking at the experience shared here, it becomes quite plain to me that if I don't talk about it while forming a relationship before I get to a sexual commitment, I'd still be following old patterns of living in shame because of the way I am. To spring this on someone only afterward does seem to be hiding something important from her, and I could understand it if in such a situation she'd feel betrayed or angry.

At the same time, I want to be clear about my motives for sharing it. It's not to say implicitly that I think I'm unworthy or inferior because if it. Rather it's a disclosure of important information. It's also a risk. I understand that for a lot of women such a craving would simply be too weird. So I'd have to accept that being honest about such a thing could be the end of whatever hopes and dreams I might've let take root by then.

Before reading what you folks have written on this thread I hadn't been that clear about what I'd have to do before becoming sexually active with someone.

Thanks again!

frugalfurguy

You know, frugalfurguy, when I was living in New Jersey, I finally realized that the easiest way to get all this out in the open was to simply wear a fur on a date - preferably the first date. I can assure you that in every case, a conversation about fur and my love of it ensued. Some women were put off, some were not - but it was best to get the whole 'love of fur' (I wouldn't use the 'fetish' word) out on the table.

FLinFL

...and it only took me 30+ years and lord knows how many missed opportunities to learn that!

Some women were put off, some were not - but it was best to get the whole 'love of fur' ... out on the table.

FLinFL

Maybe one way to look at it is a job of going through a pack of cards to get all the deuces. The sooner I get past all the 10s and 6s and Jacks, the sooner I'd find the cards of the right value. If she'll be disgusted by a man that likes her in furs more than any other guise, the sooner she and I get it clear that that's the way I am and bring things to a decision about that reality, the sooner I can look at the next card.

To each his and her own as far as whether they call their attraction to fur a fetish. Okay so what about calling it a paraphilia? Does that make it sound like a real serious perversion or what?? I'd say calling my own a fetish would to most US adults quite directly characterize the attraction. My goal shouldn't be to sneak it by or make it look pretty to someone who finds it disgusting at any rate. It's to let those people make informed decisions and go their way.

frugalfurguy