Links, Signatures and Banners update info

White Fox

Attention all members.

Very soon we will be allowing small banners on our Links Pages for folks who are members here, under certain conditions. Normally members here are not allowed to post links in their Signatures or Avatars, but we have been overlooking this for a very short while due to the following upcoming change. In the near future, on the link to your web site in our links section you will be allowed to post a small banner with a designated amount of printing on it. Using this, we hope that you can give members here a better idea of what you web site is dedicated to, etc.

We will soon be announcing the size allowed for these, and the type of text allowed, etc.

If you would like to have one of these please contact any moderator or administrator here and they will explain how things work. Please note that when these become available, we will again go back to our rule of "No links in Avatars or Signatures." The reason for this is that links in those are a form of spam, and we do not allow that on our web site except in designated areas.

Thanks all.

White Fox

Administrator

• 3 weeks later...

We now have the problems pretty much worked out and are allowing mini banners in our links section. Brandy was the first person to take advantage of this. You will see her banner here:

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=Links.SpecialInterestSites

We have temporarily been allowing links in signatures until we got this worked out. However, now that this is allowed I am afraid that we will need to ask anyone with a link in their signature to remove it. The reason that we do this is that it is a form of advertising and we try our best to not allow advertising of any type in the main forums. (Spam!)

We think that with the new banners and the updated links (once that project is finished - yet a fair time away) that you will get just as much benefit from those banners as you would a sig link.

If you are a member here or we do not have a blue "Site Member" tab beside your link please let us know. Also if you would like to provide your own descriptive text for your site or to have a banner like the one Brandy is using you only need ask. The rules on these mini banners are here...

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=Links.BannerRules

Again, unfortunately we need to ask that anyone with a link in a signature to please remove it. If you wish a banner please ask.

White Fox

Administrator

Sorry for a second message, but I forgot one thing in the message above. Wanted to make certain everyone sees it.

We do not allow links in signatures. However, you can have a standard signiture. That is a picture. Have that picture as a clickable link. In that picture can be small lettering saying "Click Here".

I don't think we need any designated size for lettering. I am sure you folks will understand.

Thanks all. Just forgot that above.

White Fox

To answer a question from a member. I was not thinking above. You can also have text other than "Click Here". You can have your site name there, etc. If you have a particular thought just let us know and we will let you know if it is ok. It probably will be.