Wow, What A Sight!

MadisonAvenueFurPrincess

I was out eating Pizza @ John's In Times Square with one of my five husbands, (just kidding) honey, when my girlfriend's and I saw a magnificent sight that made ME feel underdressed in my fox vest and jeans. I saw what appeared to be a WHOLE FAMILY in Fur walk into the restaurant. There was a young brunette girl about 7 years old in a small cat lynx jacket and MATCHING BOOTS, her two blonde older sisters about 13 and 16 where wearing a full length black fox with low heeled pumps and and leather pants, her older sister had on a blue fox chubby with jeans and higher heeled pumps. The muscular Husband and His red head Wife were DECKED out in evening attire. The husband had on a leather and mink bomber coat with a dress shirt and slacks and His wife a Full Length Dark Black Sable with a red cockail dress and heels on. WOW! I was in awe of this lovely family, I could not believe they were in a trendy pizza joint rather than The Plaza or The Four Seasons eating a four star meal. They were NOT your typical TIMES SQUARE tourists

It was not that long ago that a fellow near here won the lottery and mentioned when questioned about what he would do with the money that he was going to buy a fur coat for his wife and each of his daughters.

I have never seen a "family" like this, but I have saw a mother and daughters a number of times. That is indeed what will get this industry moving again big time!

Tremendous site Madison. So glad you told us about it!

W

A flash did go off in the restaurant but it wasn't mine, NEW YORK TIMES to the rescue we can only hope!!! I think I will start carrying my camera more often!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get any other sightings like this back when the weather was cold?

I'll be in the city on Sunday and hopefully on other weekends during the year.

ciao

I did not have any "fur clad family" encounters when I was in NYC last week ... But with temps in the upper 20's on TH and lower 30's on FR furs were abundant. One thing that surprised me was the number of times I saw groups of friends ALL wearing fur. You see this occasionally in Chicago ... But it's much more likely that the mink clad lady on Michigan Avenue is out on the town with her wool or cashmere clad friend. In NYC several times I saw three ladies out on the town ALL clad in gorgeous furs and fur clad duos were commonplace.

One thing I furgot to mention was that one night at the theater in NYC I saw a gentleman wearing an incredible fawn colored fox hat -- I'm assuming it was trooper style ... But the fur was so plush and full it was hard to tell. It was probably the nicest men's hat I've ever seen. We were both running late, so I did not get a chance to ask him where he purchased his magnificent hat.

I'm going to Minneapolis next weekend. Current forecast is the high temp will be ~10 degrees. Last time I was in Minneapolis the high was ~30 and furs were few and far between. I'll be attending a performance at the well-regarded Guthrie Theater ... With evening temperatures approaching 0 I'm hoping I won't be the only fur clad individual at the theater! With the temperature that low, I'm planning to wear my crystal fox coat to the theater ... It's probably my most dramatic coat -- Everything to the Nth degree -- So it will be interesting to see people's reactions. It received more attention than I expected (or for that matter wanted!) the first time I wore it in Chicago.