What speed do you receive the net at?

White Fox

What type of Internet connection do you have?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Internet connection do you have?

• Dial up. That is using the phone lines.
    • Cable Connection or High Speed Phone Lines.
    • Wireless from a connection point in a local town or city, etc. This would likely be for country service or a city area with old phone lines. This is relatively unusual.
    • Satellite one way connection. Receiving via satellite and transmitting through phone lines.
    • Very high speed two way satellite connection service. Once again, this is unusual.

OFF, wow!

Well, leave it to ol' Joe geeking out on a Tuesday morning.

I couldn't sleep, so I pinged South Africa.

6jx5k3n.png

...and Islamabad, Pakistan.

6onibki.png

...and a few other places.

7yod08m.png

6t4pgfd.png

6lj0mj8.png

72kozrb.png

Fastest connection? Frisco!

6t1gun5.png

First off, I hope that everyone who has not answered the poll here will still do so. I have just extended the time limit on it.

I want to thank everyone who took part in this little "Test". It certainly shows that we do still have an appreciable number of dial up users here. However, I want again to point out as site owner that the site will always be worked so it is usable by them. Even though we may allow some files that are best viewed by high speed at some point.

Thanks again all.

White Fox

WORKER,

I can't complain about downloads via dial-up on this site. Heck, I'm used to it on any site. Downloading some videos can be a good excuse for a nap.

When we had the big power outage in August of 2003, the only real connection to the rest of the world was the phone system and the trusty ole HTs (walkie talkies) - remember, always keep plenty of batteries around and make sure the generator works.

BTW, I guess folks knew what they were doing when they rolled out that plain old phone system.