burn baby burn

Guest tom4fur

BTW, worker's comment about the lobsters feeling pain that much just makes this worse. How is doing something like that okay because they supposedly can't feel pain? I'm not even criticizing the OP here. That's just a bad justification worker gave.

Folks, it is always very hard for the mods here in cases like this. They do their best, but so often if they delete a message it hurts some folks and if they don't it hurts others. Then, on top of that they must consider the general "Safety" of the site, as in this case. They do their best, but that does not always make it easy. There are times that they get into trouble no matter which way they turn. Believe me, being a mod looks exciting, but there are times when the bad outweighs the good!

Each time a message is moved we all try to consider that the poster put a lot of time into thinking about that message. Preparing it and then writing it. And only then do the mods think of whether or not they should delete.

There are unfortunately times when they get into trouble with members second guessing their decisions, and even the mods would admit that it is probably correct sometimes for members to do so. Please realize that they do try very hard to make proper decisions, but that is not always as easy as it looks from the outside.

I support them fully here. Did we as staff make the correct decision? I believe that we did, but as always we never know for sure. All we can do is to do our best.

Please feel free to PM any staff member at any time about such things.

White