Thoughts on departures

furpunk2

Oh boy , where to begin?

I`ve been away from The Den for a week or two as the wife`s sister died very suddenly and unexpectedly so I`m really none the wiser as to what`s been going on lately - I don`t want to get embroiled in disputes or take sides but I would like to pass on three short messages.

1) To those members who have decided to leave -

Thank you for all your contributions and hard work , I respect your decision although it saddens me to see anyone leave (The Den is like one huge extended family as far as I`m concerned) , and good luck with whatever projects you embark upon in the future. Please look back in from time to time and who knows , maybe one day if situations and attitudes change you may return to us.

2) To those `silent` members who look but don`t post -

Don`t be scared to speak up! Please don`t be put off by the events of the last week or two. Any group which encompasses people from such a wide variety of backgrounds as The Den does will always produce frictions from time to time , but when all is said and done we`re a friendly and tolerant bunch and we will always need and welcome new input. I watched silently for months before I plucked up the courage to `come out` and post and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

3) To those of us who remain -

This is far and away the best site on the Net for those of us who love fur and it`s up to us to keep it that way. Differences of opinion will always rear their ugly heads from time to time but we need to focus on the one major thing that we all have in common , not the trivial little things that make us different.

"Don`t sit on your @rse while your world just falls to pieces" (Mega City Four)

A particularly apt line and a sneaky way to pay tribute to a dear and inspirational friend who died in March - RIP Wiz.

One final note - for those of you who give a damn there won`t be any updates on the Golden Oldies thread for a week or two as we`re going away for a much-needed holiday after the funeral. Back at the end of the month.

Regards to all

Furpunk

Furpunk. I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your sister in law.

My condolences to you and your family.

As to the rest of your post... Great post.

We'll see you when you get back from holidays.