Be of good cheer ...

JGalanos

I received my first Holiday catalog in the mail today. Fur and sweater fiends should both be happy to hear it included several beautiful fur accessories as well as several gorgeous cashmere pieces. Let the season (prematurely!) begin ... 8)

Yes I to have recieved a couple and also saw some rabbit fur jackets at Norstroms this week. I even saw a young lady trying on a fur trimmed coat and just kepted stroking the collar! 8)

Autumn is definitely on its way. I received the Fall 2007 Fabulous Furs catalog today. I know some of the folks here are not fans of faux, but I don't have any issues with high quality faux fur. This catalog probably had the most diverse collection of faux fur items I've ever seen ... Hopefully another indication that this fall will be unusually furry.

We have the wetest summer in the Uk..but it still has been too hot to wear fur.. I can't wait until the ealy nights come and I can slink into my lovely silver fox fur and take a trip to the theatre....warm fur and cold nights.. the perfect match

kisses

brandy

xxxx

I received another catalog in the mail today -- Packed with one of the most innovative collections of full fur and fur trimmed garments I've seen in the past decade. Looking furward to fall.

Got a scanner?

All right, you demanding so-and-so, I gave it a shot. I posted pics of two of my favorite garments from the collection:

(1) A beautiful chocolate dyed sheared mink tunic (from Italy, which according to OFF is the fur capital of Europe).

(2) An unusual Teso coat combining two different furs ... A mink bodice yields to chevron and then solid fisher, creating waves of color and the illusion of movement (per the catalog!). Another Italian creation. As I have mentioned in the past, I'm not a big fan of combining furs in a garment ... But this one has a wow factor I like. The fisher scarf is detachable.

Happy now? 8)

Not BAD!! 8)

I especially like this one:

thumb_dyedfshr.jpg

I like the style. I like the photography too. It's sort of funny how they posed the model on a platform and flattened the skin tones to make her look like a mannequin.

What sizes does it come in? What kind of damage will it do to the budget?

What furrier is it? Can you sign up for their catalogs?

BTW: Not a bad job on the scans!

Just one minor detail: Does your scanner have an option called "descreen?"

If so, it should be turned on when scanning pages from catalogs and magazines, etc. Doing so will eliminate the blurry effect caused by the scanner when it tries to interpolate the dots in the original image.

I think instead of Worker I'll have to start calling you Boss.

Posted two more inferior pics ... One or both of which might end up in the "Et Cetera" file.

(1) A beautiful Chinchilla trimmed cashmere poncho (from Italy, naturally!).

(2) A reversible leather jacket lined with dyed rabbit from Spain.

Re: the other two pics, I really liked the mink tunic ... although I would have prefurred it unsheared versus sheared. I find the notion of "indoor furs" utterly decadent. One of these days I may get around to having a mink sweatshirt made. 8)

thumb_poncho.jpg thumb_revrab.jpg thumb_mnktunic.jpg

They all look like fashion pics to me.

Actually, all four of your last pictures are pretty good, quality-wise. You can't even see the Moir

The temperature is supposed to drop into the 40's tonight fur the furst time since May ... I will definitely be picking up some if not all of my furs in October. 8)

• 4 weeks later...

It's supposed to drop into the 30's here tomorrow night. The "season" is almost here! I should have pulled my mink jacket out of storage last week.

Time continues its march onward. Actually (briefly!) considered turning the heat on last night. I probably should have gone with my gut and pulled my mink jacket out of storage yesterday. Never pulled any of 'em out of storage before late October before, but as they say there's a first time for everything.

We're keeping ours in storage until October, but we've been sleeping under the foxes for a few nights! It's the most wonderful time of the year: NFL returns, and fur weather is coming!

I agree - I'll take mine out of storage the later part of October, maybe even early November too.

FLinFL

...still too warm to sleep under them, unfortunately!

Received a new men's catalog today ... I think fur may be bigger for men this fall than it has been for a good long while. First page of the catalog featured a beautiful mink scarf and midway through the catalog there was an Andrew Marc fur lined leather jacket. And the last issue of GQ had a feature on up and coming pro football players and featured one lucky player in a terrific Sorbara fur coat.

Fall is less than a week away ... Bring it on!

Just a quick note that Furcoatman may not answer your request about info about him. He is very private about that usually. Even I do not know the full details.

No problem at all. Just wanted you to know in case he does not reply. |

W