Hello once again (says new boy)...

MAINLYMINK

My new blue iris mink coat arrived (label said sapphire) and despite description on ebay (efurs4less) "unisex; size 12; 20" across shoulder" (etc, etc), when I tried it on, I found it to be tight across chest/shoulders (my chest is 39/40) and my furrier immediately said (when I took it in on Monday for storage) "...but it's a woman's coat!" (turnback cuffs, ghastly lining).

(it gets interesting -- and this is the point) when I wrote back to the seller, he was quite cool in his response: he offered to have his tailor enlarge it (don't know how they do that?) and re-line it. He said that shoulder measurements were made right across the shoulders at -- I was measuring from seam to seam (seems logical?) and got 16"! FOUR inches difference?! His last email (of several) was truly worried for his reputation (I thought I had him for misleading description and he has sort of backed down) -- he is so anxious and says he wants us to be able to leave positive feedback for each other! Ah, yes...

The powers of the internet and ebay feedback!! Tra-la!

Well, there we are (no, I'm not made of money -- far from it! I'm just lacking in self-restraint -- I didn't need another fur coat)

Thank you all for the warm welcome last week: much appreciated. I hope to be able to contribute positively to this forum and perhaps (hope springs eternal) even to encourage better usage of English...(check your spelling before posting! No excuses, ha ha!)

MAINLYMINK;

Don't know what you paid for it but I often intentionally get furs on eBay for the fur quality even if too small. So long as there is enough area of fur to line a jacket that is [with lappels, etc.].

I then get a leather or other jacket somewhat oversized to accomodate the fur lining and have them put together that way.

I have some very nice jacket's you will all see soon since I finally got a digital camera. Most were made from undersized furs.

Welcome again.

OFF

So its like a blue GRAY COLOR ? You certainly have cause for complaint THRU ebay's system.....if they PRACTICE descriptions like that they should be careful. Doesn't sound like I would trust them to "enlarge" it as that would probably mean taking an AX to it. Is the lining like an ALUMINUM COLOR ? Tryxie may like that and she would probably pay you in DONUTS; I think it would look nice draped around her PAJAMAS late at night. Maybe men's coats are not their SPECIALTY. Its a shame; blue mink is one of my FAVORITES. The cuffs sound nice....does it button down the CENTER? Maybe you will be okay with them for a refund as it sounds like they are worried about their HONOR; you could even MANEUVER yourself into a FAVORABLE position. I think sappire blue mink goes nice with sparkly JEWELRY. Do they have a CATALOG for you to choose from? As they haven't put up much of a DEFENSE I think you will get this resolved okay....just tell them to get with the PROGRAM. My girlfriend had a nice blue GRAY mink with a nice SULFUR yellow edge on the collar and cuffs but I sold it.

Lol just kidding! I am one of the worst spelling culprits but will try harder.

Sounds a lovely coat ....shame.