Fur photgraphy

ReFur

Fantastic.

I'll be working in the GIMP Program description next week.

OFF

Y'Know, when we wrote that page, months ago, it was meant to be just a starting point for people to build on.

If there is anybody with knowledge of photography who has something to say on the subject, I'd be glad to help get them started in adding to what's already there.

Hmmm. Black velvet background. I don't know if that was how the photographer made the background so dark, but one of my favorite fur photos definitely has a black background. It's of a lady in off-the-shoulder tanuki. There's a backlit effect on her hair and the fur, bringing a sharp definition betwen her and the background.

frugalfurguy

me being a photography student. I understand what you guys are saying by that of how light obsorbs in to dark colored furs. What ive seen in the key element is the use flat cloth panels held together with pvc pipe to hold the cloth up for diffused light rather than a direct harsh light. the way i see it is that the light needs to be softened up to bring out the details in the facial features as you guys have mentioned. To me, the front head shot with wide open aperature and lens at full open wide shot will make a totall difference. There are some different scenarios that I have seen that will bring out the best in dark colored furs. I my self for one am looking into aquisition of a Cannon XTI EOS Rebel 400D series DSLR for this purpose and for many other purposes at a 10.1 megapixel resolution..... The key element is to bring out the dark sides of any person, object, no matter what it is.............. Now, this is just from my experience as a photographer

paul2809

Paul,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Expanding our photography is something I have hoped to do here. I am wondering if this isn't something you could make a wonderful contribution to. Worker has started photography in wiki. Why don't you contact him and take at look at it? You can link to wiki through the Menu.

We would really appreciate your knowledge and experience.

Linda

something else that I am thinking of is that in one of my other projects in the previous digital photo class that I had was that I had some electronics I was taking photo's of and that it was a dark color and with one that I had to turn the shutter speed way way down to 12th to 15nth of a second with the aperature wide open just to bring out the darker colors of the shot I was doing. I was also using a strobe flash attatched to the top boot to the XTI cannon rebel which i believe at the time was an 8megapixel DSLR camera and I had a seperate light on a tall extendable pole with tripod base mount. But what Im trying to say is that if its a studio style shot that your trying to accomplish. Id sure recommed turning the shutter speed way down into that speed and leave the iris wide open. The way I understand things in a camera to light is that when you do drop the shutter speed down to a low setting, the iris has to be a full open in order for all light to come in through that lens. Its just the opposite for brightly lighted areas such as outdoors or in bright place. This is what Ive learned from the class that I had here at my college.

This simple technique has helped me pick up guardhair details.

I use a Kodak DX6490 or a Kodak DX7590. I use the Night setting. It is an indoor shot with moderate defused daylight coming in front and side. I use large unfolded cardboard boxes over the windows to adjust my light.

One strange thing. The older camera, the DX6490 takes a much clearer picture than my newer one on the Night setting.

Here are some examples.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290128361348&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290125113170&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290128362618&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting