RACIAL STEREOTYPING?And other Gallery exclusions

Guest touchofsable

Sorry, Lord. Don't mean to.

But, after over a year of this I have had it.

One thing you will always know is where I stand.

Banter and disagreement are needed in life for us to grow. But, when this banter and fighting becomes life, then there is something very wrong.

Most of our members do not come here to fight what ever evil ToS has come up with for the day. We come here to enjoy fur and friendship.

Linda

quote:

The Fur Den is not trying to be everything in the Internet fur world.

It has beem doing a good job of being that for a long time now.

Waht do you want it to be?

We have sections for questions from experts; advice repairs etc

We have a section for webpics; a section for ebay and selling. We have a main den for discussion of ALL issues relating to fur. We have discussed politics and culture of fur, couture, functionality; we have discuused movies, telvison; trangender intersts, smoking in furs as a part of traditional glamour/elegance: both of which were once mainstream acceptable...now both are not but still the interest is there in both; especially coupled by many of us. We each are interested and discuss fashion and fetish and function preferences for dffernet types of fur; animals that they come from; conservation issues relating to fur.

Pretty much all encompassing and to my mind the best fur site on the web with the galery and wiki and archive etc.

What part of that Don't you want it to be Linda? What do you think it should be?

I have made no secret of my support for the fetish area. I have also voiced a desire to see fashion better represented with tryxie as a fashion expert. She is qualified to be so. If there is to be a fur revival THAT is where it will come from. Kate Moss' new fox fur will do more than all the ebay images ever done to get fur popular again the Viktor and rolf raccoon coat is already a fashion icon. Fur in itself is NOT interesting UNLESS it is part of an overall look. We don't want to be a bag lady site do we? So fur ISN'T only about function but style. Without seeing how fiur FITS into that style (with Viktor and Rolf the Film noir thing) then it is meaningless.

I could write a whole defence of that image with the mask that could go for pages....all about the fur. Because you do not understand it you condemn it.

See what the members want; wait for the poll result.

Of everything wrote in this thread, hopefully it can be summed up by one comment just made. If we all remembered it we would seldom need mods.

We come here to enjoy fur and friendship.

W

See what the members want

TOS -- This one would like to see the return of your old avatar. The new one would frighten horses and small children.

The Nazis didn't like to scare horses and small children, so it's wrong not to do the opposite.

Stick to the art Lord wit isn't your strong point; neither is history.

Sorry, but claiming I'm no good only proves you claim I'm no good. In fact, declaring that, instead of actually countering my points, show you don't really think I'm no good, and are just searching for a blanket way to discredit me. And unlike your comment, I actually provided a basis.

How come that logic doesn't apply to your accusations of me lying about stuff when I have given you links to evidence for everything I claim? From respected academic resources who have linked the mentality today in the UK to the same mentality in Nazi Germany.

You just don't read them; so its pointless arguing with you.

Especially when you resort to sarcasm there is no option but to retort in the same manner.

If you could refrain from insult we may go somehwere with debate here.

I will be wrong often; so will you...in lifes arguments. Presumably you wish to seek truth; rather than deny it. It is all that I am interested in and will pursue an argument until the death; or until a new truth is revealed to me. I have an open mind; and it is often changed and adapted on encuntering new evidence and opinion.

Here:

The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

However; while everyone has the right to their won opinon not every opinion is of the same worth. I did a degree in Nazi culture and I see the growth in nanny state as having parallels that are worrying. NEVER before has a lwa for example been passed in the UK on the "grounds of public morality". The eaxact same wording that led to the nazi ban on the cooking of lobstars in pots was su to ban mink famring in the UK. And by allowing that; we have given the state cntrol of our moral destiny. In UK law that is a massive departure and one that led to the excesses of nazi germany. I am NOT saying that our government is going to round up jews. Merely that a law that gives the state power over personal morality COULD be used for any number of things....as it was in nazi germany. It is a DANGROUS departure and has been commented on by legal experts as such; and compared to the role of state (rather than the church)in shaping morality in Nazi Germany. In addition they press ahead with a smoking ban on discredited evidence that has already seen the passive smoking TV advetising campaign removed from air; and read the APrliament Act entirely innapropriately to overule he Lords on the foxhunting ban. That was blatant authroritarianism and comletely against our constitution. Its a very dangerous precedent in the UK. Remember we hav no constitutional bill of Rights in the UK so now we are in real deep shit. Anyway this is off topic of topic lol!