First Pay Check

FrBrGr

FIRST PAY CHECK (If you ever built a house or watched while one was built, you'll be able to relate!)

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little five-year-old girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we can make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time.

A young family moved into a house, next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next-door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar 'pay' she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own paycheck at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us."

"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those assholes at Lowe's* ever deliver the damn sheet rock!"

Don't stories like this just bring a tear to your eye?

* For the benefit of those of you living countries other than the US, or for those of you who aren't into house and home projects, remodeling, etc, Lowe's is a giant retail and wholesale outlet for home and garden supplies, including construction materials.

Little Johnny comes home from school, one day. His mother asks, "What have you been doing, today?"

Johnny says, "I walked by a construction site on the way home from school and I learned how to put in a garage door."

"Oh, really?" says Mom. "How do you do that?"

Johnny replies, "Well, first you put the bastard up and if it don't fit, shim it up a c*nt hair. If that don't work, you tear the f*cker down and start over again."

Mom was horrified! She sent him to his room until his father came home.

An hour later, Dad walks into the bedroom and says to Johnny, "Your mother tells me you learned something today."

"Yes, I did! I learned how to put up a garage door."

"What did you tell your mother?" the man says, expectantly.

"Well, first you put the bastard up and if it don't fit, shim it up a c*nt hair. If that don't work, you tear the f*cker down and start over again.", Johnny says.

In an angry tone, the father says, "We'll have none of that language in this house! Go outside and get me a switch!"

Johnny fires back, "F*CK NO! That's the electrician's job!"

I've worked a lot in the construction industry.

You have no idea how true those are! They have to be among the most foul mouthed individuals you could find anywhere for the most part. There are some great exceptions. But they are few and far between.

They are the worst G#@d Da$#%d bunch of A$$h)!es that every walked on the fact of this G#@d Da$#%d Fu&*#*ng Bas@*&d of an Earth. And they should wash their G#@$d Da$#%d Fu$*#*ng mouthes out and watch their Fu&*#*ng balls.

White Fox.

All that rough talk has got me want to wash my computer out with soap!

(Just f%#@?!g kidding!)

K

In th UK those contsruction workers would have been surrounded by Police within an hour.

You daren't talk to little kids here these days.