Make Mine Mink

GreenwichVillageFurGirl

The other night I was surfing through the channels and came to Turner Classic Movies. I began to become very intrigued to see a movie about Fur Coats, while stealing them. The movie was called Make Mine Mink, a British Film from the 1960's about a group of Senior Citizens who steal fur Coats and sell them to give the proceeds to the needy. I hope this movie will air again soon, knowing TCM it will probably air 2-3 more times this month. Be on the ALERT!

your aren't suggesting for one moment that us Brits are such cads and boundahs we would do such a thing are you?

Its a good movie.

Touchofsable, ain't you proud of your country's Robin Hood? Or is he a threat to Torries?

Just kidding!

frugalfurguy

If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat. It's one of the funniest of the British comedies of the era (late '50s/early '60s), even if it weren't fur-themed. I still laugh out loud when I recall Hattie Jacques (the heavyset woman whose priceless facial expressions are a show in themselves) going into a fur salon, setting off a smoke bomb as a distraction, and standing there with wide-eyed wonder exclaiming, "Fyuh! Fy-uh!"

It's enough (almost) to make me forget the furs!

Enjoy!

Firstfur