Just when I thought it was over!

bigfur1

Ok I thought fur season was over here in the Chicago area,but I was wrong. Friday I saw 2 minks,Saturday night my wife wore the full lenght mink to church and Easter Sunday I saw about 12 at the resturant. Today we got more snow and I did see one mink at work. Maybe it's still not over?

It's not even that cold here in the Pittsburgh area today (low 50's) but when I walked into work this morning, guess what I saw in our lobby? A very attractive woman sitting there, wearing a blue fox parka! Now it wasn't full-skinned - but it wasn't one of those "corderoy" types, either - It was in-between - a Saga compromise, so-to-speak. Not too heavy, but nice and warm for a damp, chilly day. She looked marvelous in it, and I was hoping she was my first appointment. Sadly, she wasn't but I did get a chance to offer her a cup of coffee and compliment her on her parka before she was called into her meeting . . . As I walked back to my office, our receptionist was chuckling to herself and just shaking her head. She knows (as does everyone here) that I love fur. What's really funny is that shortly after that, she followed me back to my office, stuck her head around the corner and said, "Too bad it wasn't your appointment, huh?" as she winked at me . . .

Went out today to run errands in skinny jeans, tucked into knee high boots made of taupe suede with wedge heel, and my gorgeous Coyote stroller trimmed in White Fox. ..and, big sunglasses (even though there is little sun!)

It was my last hurrah for the fur season, I think. Correction!!: I hope!!

We have had over a foot of snow in the last week. And, as much as I LOVE furs, I am so damn sick of these cloudy days. I long for Summer!! I want to get my roller blades and kayak out!

Even my cats look outside at the snow and are depressed. ..and, I am not kidding!

Linda

PS: FrBrGr, ...you really are a hound dog, you know? 8)

PS: FrBrGr, ...you really are a hound dog, you know? 8)

8)

I'm shallow - I admit it! But, Linda - If she hadn't been wearing the fur, I would have still said, "Good morning!" on my way back to my office . . . (!)

Haven't given up weaing my jackets .. quite yet.

Today was, by NW standards, a balmy spring day.Cool and damp in the morn.

Haven't seen another fur though.

OFF

It was 91, 92 yesterday and will be even hotter today... my furs will be off to storage come early May.

FLinFL

Maybe too warm to be wearing furs outdoors now, but it still gets a lot chillier in the evenings when the sun goes down.

The furs can stay out of storage a little while longer...

JGalanos,

I agree on the length of time. Only problem as sellers we had was there was a Spring in the middle! For the NYC fur district, it was the worst fur season in generations. I am afraid for them.

Your Fox sounds wonderful!! Is there anyway we could get a picture of it?

You must be near a large city to pull off wearing it, ...or a resort area.

If I saw a man in a fur like that I would have to talk with him. It is such a rare treat!! I would fall all over myself, I am sure! ...Just like you guys explain when you see a lady in a wonderful fur.

Linda

Linda,

If the season was so bad, does that mean prices of pelts and coats will be lower next year?

Will the manufacturers hold onto to the pelts they bought at auction this season (which I believe were more expensive than in the past) and use them for next season, or will they go out and buy more at the next auction?

No, what it means is they are going to go out of business.

They have been just hanging on for years.

The more that go out of business, the more that the last left standing will have control of the market.

Linda

Oh

Well, I'm sure many of us tried to help them out this season, regardless of the weather conditions! I tried to make my little contribution to New York and Montreal this year, but I guess they need more of the wealthy fashionistas to be feeling cold.