Topic of the Week. Favorite Fur Combos

White Fox

Like many of you I am sure I have often had fun here looking at the Archives. I am sure that many of you have noticed that right near the beginning of Melody, the members began for awhile to have a "Topic of the Week".

I thought it might be fun to bring that back for awhile, so I thought an interesting start might be to have a discussion on your favorite fur combinations.

thumb_red_and_white_fox.jpeg

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10004/red_and_white_fox.jpeg

It is interesting that when I thought of this one of the first to come up was red fox with white fox trim. Yet when I went to our Library and looked though over 8,000 photos only one came up. That is a combination that I really love! Yet so few are the times that I have ever seen it in a fur store. A coat like this with a hood is so inviting.

thumb_F24869a.JPG

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10033/F24869a.JPG

I have to admit that the model in this photo is the absolute worst fur model that I have probably ever seen. Talk about thinking "God I wish I was home watching the water tap drip!"

But that combination of white fox and lynx is another that I really love! The white just does such a great job of bringing out the lynx fur. It is such a beautiful combination.

Badger and fox is another great combination, but of course we cannot forget white mink and fox as in a certain avatar here!

It would be great to hear of what the favorites are of other members this week.

White Fox

Two slightly different photos.

Now wouldn't you like to wear this to work?

thumb_red_fox_white_fox_trim.jpeg

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10004/red_fox_white_fox_trim.jpeg

Tough still a terrible photo, this shows that the more white the better here is a great slogan.

thumb_bobcat_with_endless_white_fox_heart_stopper_5.jpeg

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10004/bobcat_with_endless_white_fox_heart_stopper_5.jpeg

Edited by Guest

We own a lynx/white fox, it is really a headturner. However, I'm really a fan of mink - fox combinations. Usually the mink is the body of the coat or stroller, with fox tuxedo and ESPECIALLY fox sleeves. My choices inorder of preference would be:

black mink/crystal fox

black mink/indigo fox

autumn haze/crystal (you don't see many of these)

white/white

blush/blush

yep I like fox and mink too. My girlf has all black.

I think we could be more imaginitive though. Sheared and fox is amazing.

I was going to do my new red Fox spread that way but i ran across a small Cross Red Fox throw and am using it as a center piece in a Red Fox spread. There is white in the Red Fox that will be accentuated.

Well maybe a Lynx and Arctic Fox spread next time

OFF

The Lynx and White/Platinum/Arctic Fox is a great combination but I love a nice coyote with white fox trim, the lighter tones of the coyote blend very well with the white fox.

Come on folks, is there no one else who likes combinations of furs? Some of you must have favorites out there! If you love any mentioned let us know. If you love any different combinations or certain colours of mink and fox for instance let us know. Or indeed if there are any that you dislike.

***As to the above, Coyote and white fox is I have always noticed a great combination when a hood is involved. I find it particularly striking with a hood yet have not noticed it that much when it does not have the hood.

W

• 2 weeks later...

Red Fox is my favorite fur. I don't mind if it's trimmed with white fox.

Actually the way I look at most of what we're calling combinations is as a coat of whatever species the main part is made of with trim or accents of the other. So to me that'd be a red fox coat trimmed with white fox. After all if it were a wool coat with blue fox trim, I don't think most of us would call it a fur coat but a cloth coat with fur trim.

There was a photo of a circular red fox blanket with a square white and black center--black in the center in an outline of the state of Minnesota--and white fox all around the edge once at a site USA Foxx and Furs. I found that quite appealing.

I surely thought there were more photos of red fox/white fox trim items out there.

frugalfurguy

I do find it very strange that there are almost never coats of that combination in fur stores as it really is attractive as a fox coat. However, maybe it is just a sign that so many folks do not like fox because of the way it makes them look "Heavy". But even in stores where I have seen a far combination of different foxes, there usually are none of those.

W

One of my most favorite combos is Fitch and Stone Marten.

Fitch is a weasel like mink only a bit longer and silkier hair. The color(s) are also very distinctive.

Stone Marten is a lot like (related to) Sable. It's matural color happens to also be close to Fitch. It's not so long a hair as Fox which makes the combination very nicely balanced between a Fitch body and the Stone Marten collar or ruff.

I have a tan lambskin jacket with a Fitch lining and Stone Marten collar and I'm very fond of it. I also get lots of complments on it being both very nice and unique yet not to 'flashy'.

I'm planning on at least another fur of this combination.

OFF

Visually, I like the old style of white ermine coats with white fox trim. The overdress at the end of That Lady in Ermine is a good example.

I like chinchilla on white mink or chinchilla on dark mink for that matter. Also fox on mink is very sexy. Then there's chinchilla on sheared beaver or sheared nutria, or mink on beaver or nutria. Sable on beaver is nice too. Then there's sable on mink. Sable, mink, fox, and chinchilla all look great on seal. And then there's...

I'm sorry. I got too excited to go on.

MrC

Hey Mr C, I was wondering when someone was going to bring up sable. OFF almost did with Stone Marten. Not too many years ago I seemed to be seeing all kinds of new mink coats offered with sable trim. Maybe it was just a certain online dealer (don't remember the name but haven't seen it lately).

frugalfurguy