More fun than Ebay

Tsarevich Furs

Hi folks, I had an epiphany the other day while at a live auction preview near where we live. There was a rack of furs for auction and I thought that most of you might do well to look around for local auctions near you that might have furs for sale. During the previews, you can inspect and try on these furs in real time. Use the site: www.auctionzip.com to find local auctions near you. You might even contact a local auction house and tell them you buy furs and to keep you in mind when they get one or two.

We've been swamped all winter making coats and blankets for clients and are just now coming out from under the sewing machines, though we still have a long list of orders to make! Haven't had time to visit the den lately.

I've been to a bunch of those 'fur warehouse liquidation auctions' in the NJ/New York City area and can testify that they are a lot of fun. Generally, you need to register for the auction (almost all I went to required a credit card and some even took a $100 deposit - which was either applied to your purchase or refunded). The best part is to scope out all the women looking over the furs, not to mention the furs themselves. Many times you can find even better bargains at government auctions - confiscated property and the like. I love auctions and this was always a fun way to kill a few hours on a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

FLinFL

Yes, I agree - This is a great way to spend an afternoon! The ones I've gone to even allowed prospective bidders to try on the furs ahead of time before they bid!