1. 1. Which Browser do you use?

• Netscape Communicator (any version)
    • Netscape Navigator (any version)
    • Mozilla (any version)
    • Firefox (any version)
    • Internet Explorer (any version)
    • Opera (any version)
    • Other Browser - details please *grin*

A simple question. But will it have a simple result?

You may also post your reasons as well, if you like. And yes, I guess it does sorta tie into the Anti-Spyware topic as well.

Remember, this is about your PRINCIPLE browser which in my case is Firefox, Not IE although it is used at times.

Edited by Guest

I've been using Firefox for a couple of years now I think.

I like the customizability of it. Tabbed browsing and an infinite number of extensions make it a breeze to use.

I only use I.E. when absolutely necessary and I get frustrated as hell in no time without the middle click abilities firefox has.

I run a unique MSN combination of IE & a hot roddedd version from msn sense they are part of my internet service provider. You get a bunch of extras and it works betetr than the regualr IE and has a special fire wall & anti spy ware for the system.

It works much better than just IE at least for me.

Using IE makes working at home easy. I'm concerned that if I'd call our corporate helpdesk and told them I was trying to connect to our intraweb with Firefox, no one would have a clue how to configure it...

FLinFL

...what's more important, working from the office or from the coziness of home wrapped up in your favorite fur????

...what's more important, working from the office or from the coziness of home wrapped up in your favorite fur????

Now you're just being mean.

FlinFL

Next time you are connected to you intraweb via IE.... open and try Firefox *grin*. Reason? When you are connected to the intraweb, either should work, just as they do when on the WWW.

Firefox.

I avoid using Micro$oft products whenever possible. I find life becomes much easier when I do. I gain freedom from many viruses and spyware. I get flexibility to do things the way I want to, not the way some idiots in an office, somewhere, say I should. Frankly I just don't like the look and feel of any Micro$oft product I have ever seen.

Second, whenever I have the chance to use any open source and/or freeware prouct over a proprietary product I will do so, even if it's a little bit more inconvenient. I'd rather make a donation to a non-profit organization or pay a shareware fee to support people who care about the programs they create rather than supporting some fat cat sitting in an office who sucks the life out of a bunch of cubicle-dwelling geeks.

At the moment am surprised by the result with just 10 respondents using IE because I was sure that it would have been more. Certainly puts holes in MS's claim they are the dominant browser when Mozilla/Firefox account for 12 *grin*

But then again, this could also be put down to lacklustre interest in the topic... soooooooooooooooo BUMP

Piotr,

I certainly am not a MS fan, but the question I have with that assumption is: Don't you think our members are more computer savvy then most? And, because of the sites we visit need to be more security conscience? Therefore more likely to use Foxfire?

I had to stop using Foxfire because of ebay conflicts, which obviously is my main use.

L

That is quite possible, Linda.

But until we get more replies, it is still up in the air *grin* Polling companies might be happy testing .0001% of the population and then doing formulated extrapolations, but I am more cautious.

As for the eBay issue.... Might I be so bold as to presume you were told to switch by eBay back to IE??

I rarely have any probs with eBay unless it is to do with the way the pages have been set up by the individual sellers, because as I have said before, using MS's web page designer is terrific for IE users, but the coding does not always comply with hm W3C standards, as they like to incorporate certain features to make their pages appear more attractive in IE, thereby building up users.

It might also be that most of those who have polled are "Oldies" ie came online before MS decided to include IE within the windows coding making it amother hook for loyalty and therefore used Netscape Gold or Composer or ran through the various updated versions and have now switched to Firefox or Mozilla. Anyways, let's see what our little bump brings forth, poll-wise *grin*

What kind of problems have you been having with ebay?

I've used FireFox on ebay and PayPal successfully in the past.

There are a few plug-ins and settings you may need to tweak. FireFox has a few settings turned off by default. You may have to turn them on.

Why, thank you Worker,

It was a problem with doing my listings. Probably was my ignorance. I honestly can't remember the details now. I just decided it wasn't worth it.

Tried using both for awhile, too. But, that did not work well either. So, finally just deleted it.

I am in the process of installing a new software that may allow me to use it. If the graphic artist ever finishes. I won't be using the ebay listing tools then.

Linda

eBay is soooooo in bed with Uncle Bill that as a Seller, if you don't use MS Windows, you will encounter impossible grief and be into writting a lot of html code just to list things.

OFF

I do have to agree with OFF to a large extent.

So many companies are so greedy that they only want to make as much money in the smallest amount of time as possible. To that end, they want as little overhead as possible.

Favoring Micro$oft the way they do allows them to have little or no tech support. What support they do have can be simple boilerplate rubbish.

Supporting FireFox would only cost them money.

They, like most other greedy American companies, only want your money. Otherwise, they woudn't give a rat's patootie!