Question

White Fox

Did I miss a mass funeral? Where is everyone? Folks lurking in the background - this is why we like you to post. We like to find your thoughts and ideas so we can discuss them here. Who knows. Maybe in a month or two you will post as much as TOS or White Fox do. For the life of me, I can't understand how those two type so damned much!

Come on young and old. Rich and poor. Famous and not so famous. Big poster and little poster. Grandpa and Grandma. Husband and Girl Friend. Wife and Boyfriend. Punch and Judy.

We want to liven this place up a bit. And you have the keys to do that. Let's hear from you!

W

I've got a big gig coming up next Tuesday. I've been tying rigging and hanging lights all day. Tomorrow, I hang box trusses from the flies. I will probably be busy every day up until Thurdsay, next week.

When you work in a deadline-oriented job, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Some days there is nothing to do. Other times you work 18 hours per day. It's feast or famine!

I have one day off, Sunday, this weekend but if the weather is even REMOTELY pleasant, I'll be out on the range trying out my new equipment. If not, I'll probably be doing housework, etc.

Long story short: I'll be checking in but I won't be staying long.

I think I just made my longest post ever and i am up to my neck in work.

I have written it because I think I have established WHY furs are not worn except by a stylish elite or the person who needs it because of climate.

It has nothing to do with animal rights.

Anyway; if I can find time right now yes there are no excuses! The more you put in the more you will get out of the den.

Punch and Judy? That's pretty darn funny White!

I just had to respond to that one.. oh dear, I'm falling out of my chair now laughing at that one! What a riot!!

Well.... for what it's worth, this old timer is still around and intend on mustering up some scatterbrained text for everyone to bemuse themselves with.

Touch has been so busy with so much good furry dialog, that I wasn't sure I would have anything left to add. I think I can come up with some fur-like quibbling of sorts.

Oh yes now.. I have bought way too much soft rex rabbit lately, and just want a bit more to finish a pair of fur pants I have planned. Bought four new fox fur hats, two for me and two for the wife. Hopefully I will have some money left over this year to purchase the rest of the blue fox pelts I need for a full king-sized bedspread / throw I intend on making.

Let's see now.. where did I put those photos I was planning on using for my long overdue avatar, which I have yet to post? Geez... if I only had a brain!

Hey White, I hope everyone who wants to jump in and respond with something, should just go right ahead and pop in a line now and again too! I just did and intend on writing more. I feel a wee bit guilty of lurking for some time now myself, and just thought I would say hello after reading your newest invitation. Hey.. you got the Grandpa part right though. How did you know?

To the whole Fur Den crew, hello once again. Let's get the fur out and the posts rolling!

-Robinfur

Dunno, maybe it's because it's the fur den has gone from a fur enthusiasts forum to a right wing, angry shoutbox for one single person. I genuinely think that's why it's gone quiet round here.

Worker

I hang box trusses from the flies

Yer don't wan t'be doin' thaaat! - sounds painfull

STA

a right wing, angry shoutbox for one single person. I genuinely think that's why it's gone quiet round here.

Not the reason Sta - Pub's for EVERYONE to start topics, state the point of view, stimulate debate, and same with the Fur den for more fur related points of view. Good,enthusiastic, passionate (sometimes a bit long) posts should encourage other posters not put them off.

So any lurkers out there I encourage you to join in. State your views, throw in your comments , start topics on your pet subjects, whatever. The more views, strong, contraversial, or otherwise, the more stimulating and interesting the Den becomes for everyone.

By all means browse the gallery etc. or whatever else you do on the quiet. But challenge yourselves to throw in at least one post a month/week, to make it worthwhile for those who put in so much time to make the Den work for you. I throw the challenge out to you. One a month - go for it.

Trust me , It's fun

Dunno, maybe it's because it's the fur den has gone from a fur enthusiasts forum to a right wing, angry shoutbox for one single person. I genuinely think that's why it's gone quiet round here.

Being passionate about issues can make very strong difference. You and TOS are passionate and there is a place for difference of opinion here.

When difference become so strong that it becomes an obsession, then it can indeed become very boring.

Linda

Maybe if you contributed rather than criticised you might balance the situation.

Just a thought.

Rob...

You hit the thing pretty much exactly right. As to...

Hey.. you got the Grandpa part right though. How did you know?

There are indeed a number of Grandpas on site here!

W

...I hang box trusses from the flies...

Yer don't wan t'be doin' thaaat! - sounds painfull

Stage jargon: "I have to suspend large metal girders from the pulley system that raises and lowers scenery over the stage."

If you don't watch out it CAN be painful!

Well, I haven't been my usual lurking mousey self much lately. I've managed certainly more than a post a week since I joined. So don't blame me WF. At the same time I certainly agree with your invitation for the silent majority of folks who've signed up but don't post to activate. I wonder how many regular non-registered regular lurkers there are in addition to the registered silent majority.

If you don't like the direction of our discussions but you like what we're about, time to pipe up with your corrections!

Worker, once I had a temp assignment to help a traveling company set up for a trade show. For a couple hours, I helped hang power cables from overhead catawalks in an exhibition hall to booths below. The guy I was assisting went about it with such sang froid and a couple times yelled at me just as I was about to do something stupid. There were people setting up their displays below blissfully unaware of this utter novice overhead with heavy power cables--and they didn't even have hard hats on down there!

My bet is you and he would have a bit in common in what you do. And for that momentary encounter, I have an appreciation for what I don't know of such skills.

frugalfurguy

Two words you do NOT say on a stage unless you mean it: "Heads UP!"

To the average guy on the street, it is just a call to attention. For the stage hand it means, "Watch out! Something is falling!" Usually that means a havy object is falling from a great height!

If you are on a catwalk and you drop something and there are people down below, yell "HEADS UP!! HEADS UP!! HEADS UP!!" as loud as you can! A 50 pound steel brick (used for counterweights on the fly system) will bounce SIX FEET in the air off a concrete floor when dropped from catwalk height! Anybody within a 15-20 foot radius of the spot where that brick hits is in MORTAL DANGER!

That's why stagehands always empty their pockets and tie their wrenches to their tool belts when they climb a ladder. Even something as innocuous as a Crescent wrench (adjustable spanner) will crack a person's skull wide open when dropped from 50 feet up!

Anyway, it's time for me to go to bed so I can go back to work in the morning!

I try to check in now and then, but am not online at home still... so I admit I am mostly absent for lack of connection. I should be heading home now to sleep but like a little addict I had to check in a bit and read a few things at least.

I think that if someone feels something is missing or lacking around the den that they themselves might do a bit to rectify that void and add content, thoughts and ideas instead of just noting the deficiency.