Norway - furry or not

auzmink

Ok, Winter is fading behind us, and we are planning a Summer trip to Norway. Will be driving, so do any of our Scandanavian friends know of:

Furry places to stop en-route?

Tourist shops with furry gifts?

Fur farms with tourist facilities (seriously, would love to visit but I suspect most are well locked up)!

Any other furry places to see??

Planning for August, so info well received..

Ta

Auzmink.

There are reindeerpelts for sale in some souvenirshops. You might also find some other small touristgadgets with some seal or reindeer skin on.

There are many fur-farms in Norway, often located so you can see them form the car. I don't know if some of them are open to public.

Where in Norway are you going? You can come to my place for a cup of coffee when driving bye

Yeah I'll bid on a cup of coffee too

Most furriers only carry minks and sables though. Only places you find nice foxes are in Oslo. Summer isn't the right time for spotting either, as it's hot here in summer

But there's a lot to see, and if you're lucky you find a gem!

Ok, Winter is fading behind us, and we are planning a Summer trip to Norway. Will be driving, so do any of our Scandanavian friends know of:

Furry places to stop en-route?

Tourist shops with furry gifts?

Fur farms with tourist facilities (seriously, would love to visit but I suspect most are well locked up)!

Any other furry places to see??

Planning for August, so info well received..

Ta

Auzmink.

Hi Auzmink,

Highly recommend Norway to visit, spent a few long hot summer's & fur filled winter's their a decade or so back. Beautiful country & friendly people you'll have a fantastic time. Being summer though I remember a fair few of the furriers in Oslo being closed?

Not fur related but make sure you get to Vigeland Park - very Impressive & also Worth a looksee Kontiki & Viking Museam's

Better start saving now though if you like a drink........!

Furelli

Furelli, Earendil and Sirius,

Thanks for those replies. Not sure of locations, probably try the classic non-tourist options (never like the crowds) and so might miss some of the tourist shops heading North. Only have 2 weeks so can't go far. In NZ plenty of sheepskin outlets along routes, some even do articles with Possum, so I am assuming Norway has a similar shopping option. Did notice a young couple at the Womens aerials in Oulx / Italy, walking with what appeared to be Reindeer skins to sit on in the snow. Thought that looked a good idea, but not sure about bringing back to UK if available in Norway. Anyhow, coffee invitations welcomed, not sure of travelling plans yet, but always happy to call if passing.

Auzmink.