If you knew Suzy

MrC1946

I posted some pics of Suzy Parker (in fur of course). She was the supermodel of the 1950s before beginning a acting career. In her first movie she seduced Cary Grant while wearing a mink stole. While acting she met and married actor Bradford Dillman.

Enjoy

MrC

What a great pic! For those considering fur accesories,(Lynxette!), a muff would makea great statement

Again, onbehalf of all the vintage fur and fashion fans here, our thanks to mrc1946 for sharing his great collection with us! Bravo!

Yes indeed. I'm posting them now.

Some remind me of fur ad pictures I'd swipe from Vogue and Bazar when I was very young.

OFF

Oh, yes! I knew Suzy! Well, I didn't really know her, but I remember her as one of the top models of her time! And did she ever wear fur so well! Great pics, Mr C! You keep bringing them in! Thanks!

Great finds, TOS. Thanks for posting them. I just wish that first site would use a little bit bigger thumbnails. I'm working with 60 year old eyes here.

By the way did you find the pic I posted for you? It's just ahead of the Suzy Parker ones.

MrC

Yes thankyou Mr C...the ones with the ladies in lynx and cigarette holders.....beautiful. I saw something like that when I was a kid in a local dept store fashion show; except thy wre fox. BUT they wre posed like that; some on podiums. How times change......sadly for the worst over the last twenty years. I feel sorry for the younger generation; because at least I know these were accessible fashions even if they had to be saved for.

And I remeber lots of women like Suzy Parker and Wilhemina in real life. That is what beauty salon perfume counter and even teachers used to look like when I was about 8-10 years old; because Suzy Parker etc were role models.