Fur sightings in london

Guest touchofsable

On my recent back and for trips to white turf I was surprised at the amount of furs I saw in london.

First one was at Paddington station as i got off a trin to see a black girl in an expensive floor length hooded mink which was literally touching the floor. She swanned past and I looked the other direction to see a girl with a huge fox collar. Anyway then I had to gt to SWt pancras, and apart from quite a few bits and rabbit scarves nothing of note. It was dark when I got to luton airport, and before i went in I wanted a smoke. No lighter so I looked for someone smoking. At the end of the bus stops was a lady in mink. Shewas smoking. So i approached and asked for light, and commented on how beautiful her swing mink was. She seemd pleased, and said thankyou. She was around 38 I would say. English.

Then in the airport quite a number of fox trimmed shearlings nd some black minks, and a few sheared coats. one Russian girl in an outrageously large fox collared bomber jacket with fox cuffs the size of footballs. But it is the airport.

Through the departures entrance, even more. Including a gay lad with a rabbit louis vitton scarf. Also lots more british ladies suddenly reversing their folded coat linings to reveal real furs.

Second week similar.

But then the third week I came back via stansted and journeyed to liverpool street. On the train ws a lady with a very nice rabbit lined hood. But then arrival at Liverpool st.That was a shock. LOADS of furs at the station. It was a cold night. First off was a stunning girl of about 20 with a long waisted 70s coney, dark brown. She smiled as she walked past me and I think she knew I was oggling her fur, especially as I think she noticed mine on my trolley. Then a japanes girl in blue fox jacket. Then an older lady in a long blackglama. Then a golden coloured sheared waisted 3/4 length fur on a lady of about 40. And all that in 5 minutes. Anyway, I had to rush for the bus and had lots of luggage. So couldnt use the tube. trolley across the road and bus stop near a pub. Inside the pub was a blonde and a brunette, in 1940s suits...one the current trend for dogtooth, and Both with real foxes draped over their shoulders....one a new blue fox and the other a vintage I would guess.They were with some city boys in natty austin reed suits. then out of the pub came a girl in a puffa affair with crystal fox all down the front.

Then a blonde girl in a black leather jacket with a silver fox collar and then a sloaney girl in an electric blue fox gilet. Then a lunaraine mink on an Italian looking girl. Then a girl with a pink fox headband then a girl in a shearling with plush sheared beaver collar. Then

when the bus came, a girl with a rabbit scarf actually grabbed a handful of my fox coat and said

"phoaw gorgeous" as she got on the bus. She went upstairs sadly and I couldnt join her as I had too much luggage. At Paddington another two furs; both rabbit and young girls. then an older lady again in black mink.

So what happened? Was it london wear your fur day or something? Significantly, they were nearly all young, and mostly British.

Yes I think a revolution is afoot. Its whetehr it comes to the rest of the UK is important; well...it never went away in the hunting racing shooting fraternity, but in the towns things still look bleak. All I see are bleating sheep with less intelligence than the real thing. All dressed the same in the drabbest, cheapest nastiest synthetic clothing sportwear etc. BUT you do see the odd ones in my town; and I know dozens of younger women with real furs and they do wear them....but they are all hunting chicks or fashionistas. We dont see older women in furs her so much which seems to be the norm elsewhere.

When I lived in London, I always found that Liverpool Street was a fruitful source of furs. Mostly fake, but certainly some some genuine articles.

Is it the same at the other major London stations? I've never seen many furs at Euston, though I did see an old sable coat on a lady not so long ago.

You can often see furs at the Petticoat Lane market near Liverpool Street on Sunday mornings as well, mostly on tourists.

I am so much hoping for cooler weather whilst I am in Britain during the upcoming month. Depending upon temps, perhaps a blue fox parka, otherwise it will have to be mink...but it will be one or the other.

well done Lynxette! bring both!

Don't forget to let us know the dates it would be good to have a meet up with some of the members and maybe a day at the races....where there certainly wont be any antis.

I do plan to stay connected as it were during my travels, so you never know. Just remember, I am a rather small furry creature easily frightened.

Don't worry Lynxette. I have met in person several members of the den....and they have all been really decent people. You arent going to get hit on by creeps.

Same advice as Tos, Lynxette, bring both. Uk will be plenty cool enough for your furs. (might be damp as well though, wet even, so be warned!) have a great visit

I have noticed too the reserjence fur appearances, although up North all I have spotted is more REAL fur trimmed hoods, but real non-the-less. A delightful change to the awful plastic fake trims that seem to adorne many a chav's hoods. There is no doubt as I'm sure you all know, a woman in a fur becomes a lady, a lady with taste at that.

Lynxette,

Enjoy you're visit to the UK, but don't limit yourself to London, there is so much more to our beautifull country, the country side being my favourite - Cotswolds, Peak District and Lake District to name just three.

Enjoy, I hope it stays dry for you and your furs,

999 xxx

Yes its only samll but significant. Yes I have seen fur throughout the "lean" period, but in specific places (airports, races. hunt balls ect) BUT they are appearing on the streets ain sported by a younger crowd. If you think it was maybe only a dozen women I saw in fur at Liverpool st out of thousands of people, then its small. But other will grow confident enough to wear them when they see younger women doing so.

In fact the young girl in the long coney walked with a swagger that meant she was really making a statement. As i made eye contact/smile with her briefly in the crowd I kind of wish I had a furden calling card to invite her here! Because there is no doubt in my mind that this girl loves fur.

ToS,

Despite visiting a number of my company's offices near to Liverpool Street and Canary Wharf, I can't say that I have seen that many furs around those areas although that's probably more down to bad luck. Certainly the potential is good with so many financial offices nearby and I've seen plenty of fake furs there but only a handful of real furs in the last couple of years. But in general I'd agree that I'm spotting more furs in recent seasons - not just on the coldest nights but a few even in the autmns and summers - and that the age of the women wearing their furs does seem to be falling. Sadly it looks like we've missed the coldest weather for this winter but roll on November!

Regards,

Mr Mockle