Vintage Jayne et al

triboy46

There has been a slight resurgence of late in pics, (thanks Mrc1946), links and comments regarding vintage fashions and furs. The link below is to a youtube of Jayne Mansfield in "The Girl Can't Help It." I have posted other clips from this movie, notably ones of Jayne with two different huge fox stoles. This clip is from the opening montage and is noteworthy for two reasons: First, for vintage fur fans, is the great stone marten stole she so casually carries; second, for the metaphoric use of milk bottles. I love it for the stole, others may enjoy her fantastic figure, great dress, heels and rather shapely assets. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnjSCeegGc

That is really neat...and I think any girl should be happy if she could get that sort of a reaction from gentlemen once in a while anyway. Come on girls, admit it...attention is nice from time to time isn't it?

I would really like to get up the courage during the warmer weather this year to use some of the stoles and such I have. Yes guys, I know I lecture on and on about the lack of courage guys have about wearing furs in public. Well, here is my weakness...wanting to wear furs in some way year round, and people looking at me like I am crazy. Would have been much easier to do at the time that film was made.

Actually Lynxette you raise an important point. We live in times of conformity right now and people want to be like sheep so they don't stand out. This is really unsexy. Confidence....and in our csae the econfidence to wear furs...is sexy.

I talked to an obnoxious person just recently. Very wealthy; seriously. He was also vehemently against any outward display of wealth (flash cars, racehorses, Art, furs, jewellery , champagne)....as being vulgar. I told him that just because it fooled the proles into thinking he was "down to earth" it didn't fool me one bit and actually I think you have a social obligation if you are rich to spend it so it trickles down. In the case of furs often to native peoples.

I then asked him if his reluctance to display welath also extended to buying a pint as I had already bought threee rounds and was getting pretty sick of his tightfistedness.

So yes Lynxette.....your point. I seriously think that these days many women don't like being stared at. Hence the vast majority go for drab conformity. Thank goodness for the russians. Hopefully they will shake things up bit. I am sure glad there are a few ladies like yourself still around though.

Lynxette brings up an interesting issue. I suggest that there hss been a long term de-emphasis of the "accessory" in womens fashions. We notice it insuch images as these. Jayne is dressed in hat and heels, the fur stole serving no functional purpose (it seems 'summerish'), its not being used for warmth, rather a fashion statement. I think it is the elimination of these 'extras' that has made vintage so striking in its difference to current styles. This is a loss in my opinion

Since moving to the UK I have noticed a very significant issue of 'dumbing down' by females. Despite being a fashion capital, the trends passed onto the 'street' is terribly uniform without much individuality!

Witness the rise of the 'Wags' and the subsequent rat-tails straightened bottled blondes on the streets. They all look the same and and 'glamness' is ruined by everyone else looking the same.

So perhaps we need to vote for individuality, self awareness and perhaps 'egos'. Ladies, go out and impress us......

Auzmink

Accessorise...hey, that IS the perfect way to look at it triboy, thank you so much. I am in the process of building a set of summer furs, so everyone please keep your fingers crossed that I do not lose my nerve...gulp.

Just a reminder everyone, please be sure to post your youtube finds in our youtube thread. There haven't been any additions to it lately so it sort of fell down to page 3 or 4 in the index. I've brought it forward.

FLinFL

The jewelery on the lady with the blue fox coat certainly adds a bit more elegance to a nice shhot to begin with. Hopw do you guys find all these...just raddomly search or do they catagorise at all?

Can't say too much about the woman comentator but nice stuff.

Webfur's models in motion.

There's a whole string of 30 sec. shorts.

OFF

Sorry to mods for inappropriate placxement, will try to get the right place next time.

Lynxette, in reply to your questiion, once you find one link to a video, there tends to be links to a) the authors/directors other clips, and b) links to other related or similar clips. Just takes a bit of clicking and watching. As mentioned above, the Webfurs virtual shopping clips are great, I am especially a fan of the blond model wearing sable I think it is.

Enjoy Lynxette,

999 xxx

Thank you fur999. I have just never really given it a try. I guess with the research for my writing I am too searched out to do it for pleasure as well. Perhaps I should anyway though, based upon the great finds others have made.