French Ebay

mailonfurs

Today I posted some listings on the french ebay website. Here is the message I received. It seems that ALL fur kinds are illegal to sell into the French Ebay!!!!!

Check out the message (in French)

Cher (

This is insane!!

Have you contacted trust and safety on this?

The way eBay worked when PETA has gone after me, is someone makes a complaint. Then usually a low level person decides if it has merit. That person in your case is an idiot. You have to appeal it through trust and safety.

Have you checked to see if there are furs listed on France eBay?

Linda

Kostas, I really think this is an issue of an over reaction to a complaint. They pretty much take the lazy way out and ask you to prove it is ok. I am sure PETA manages to drive away many sellers this way.

They have learned I will not allow it! 8)

If you think that the French site is harder to list furs on, you might add the compliance statement we discussed in another thread.

Linda

The way ebay works is pathetic.

It is clearly NOT ebay policy to not allow furs...in any country. Howver they must abide by the nations's laws. As a general policy they say "animal products" can be a violation. What they mean by that is non CITES approved, etc.

However the half wits they have working for them are like the ones they have working for myspace. Their training is poor. SO what happens is someone gets a complaint and automatically acts on it. On other times, someone can list "human kidney" for sale, and if nobody complains then it stands.

Their policy seems to be if in doubt chuck it out.

However, though it is a CLEAR violation to sell live animlas on ebay, horses are regularly sold...particularly shares in racehorses. When I asked them to clarify this as a friend was listing one, the person at ebay said "we don't know. If someone complains we will look at it but otherwise list it".

But this is the search for vison fourrure today:

http: //search.ebay.co.uk/fourrure-vison_

so there...plenty of minks and some wild.

So it is utter nonsense and I would say you have some arsey kid who deosnt know what he is doing. Complain to ebay in strong terms; some of our French members may help you.

Remember PETA's tentacles are everywhere and the only thing we can do is chop them off when we encounter them. The code CLEARLY refers to wild and endangered animals, which yours are not. THE IMPLICATION that they are, is a clear case of LIBEL. Threaten French ebay that if they do not reinstate your listing you will sue them for libel by implying you would sell such products, and demand action on the person who took this decision, or at least an apology.

Edit by Worker 11811 to shorten long URL link that makes the screen too wide.

Becareful in what you say White fox, remember that we have some French friends on this site. I may not be from France but I am French canadian (Qu

Furslave,

My experience with eBay is don't bother.

They are the middle man. Someone files a complaint. They kind of look at it and if it has any merit they cancel the auction. It is up to the seller to prove they did not violate the rules.

PETA drove me nuts for awhile until I learned how to defend myself.

Takes over two weeks to resolve if you are not a Silver Power Seller. I was, even then it took over a week. The third time it happened I was not nice!! That is when they coached me on how to defend myself. Most of my complaints were filed out of UK eBay. I never had any problems with France. I temporarily canceled any listing on the UK eBay. I believe I am on all sites now, but not certain.

Linda

Indeed I had several problems with Ebay UK and Chinchilla furs. All chinchilla listings were cancelled. However I do not like to play this game with them. My point of view is: Always look on the bright side of life! I make a listing, bring about 100-500 costumers to my listings and then they cancel it and refund me my ebay fees. This way I brought costumers to my store for free!

Well, this helps to explain what I had been told a few months ago that ebay will not accept lynx for sale any longer due to the "fact" that it is an endangered species. I think it was said well by Touch of Sable above that it is a beuracracy, and everyone wants to be the Big Man who stops bad things from happening. Clearly furs are legally sold in many salons in France, so there is no justification whatsoever for ebayfrance to take such a position. Perhaps enough complaints from the fur community will turn things around

Interestingly, when I've looked for furs on e-bay France I have usually found them to be of poor quality. Compared to the Italian of German site, they don't compare. Consequently I don't look anymore, so maybe not worth bothering in France anyway.....

Auzmink

Has anyone had experience with buying or selling furs on Craig's List?

Do they have the same listing requirements as eBay?

I have a few Seal jackets that I would love to list but can't on eBay. Seal is obviously not on th endangered list, but it is on the protected list.

Linda

Has anyone had experience with buying or selling furs on Craig's List?

Do they have the same listing requirements as eBay?

I have a few Seal jackets that I would love to list but can't on eBay. Seal is obviously not on th endangered list, but it is on the protected list.

Linda

Craig's List??