Winnipeg Fur Sightings

WinnipegFur

So its ummm freezing here (-37) so yesterday I spotted probably 5 coats or so in the mall alone.

FL Bleached racoon

3/4 beaver

Shorty Mink jacket

3/4 Racoon

FL Mink

Driving in the car I saw what I think was a racoon, BIG coat though, and a huge collar!!

Yes, raccoon can be absolutely lucious, especially if they are allowed to grow up before they are trapped. Raccoons do not stop growing throughout their lifespans, so when one finds a coat with really super soft and thick raccoon pelts they are generally the big ones. I have one that has a fisher collar,,,and I love it.

Yeah, I have to say that my full length silver tipped raccoon coat has become my favorite. I just wish it ever got cold enough to wear it here.

FLinFL

I don't balme you furloverinfl...this is how I absolutely know I will NEVER, under any circumstances move to a warm climate place. I want to enjoy my furs indoors and out for the rest of my life.

Now, as to a second home in say the alps of New Zealand and winter 24/7 365 by moving back and forth every 6 months...that is definitely in the cards for this girl.

I moved from the hot and humid SE to the NW specifically for the weather.

Both my body and psyche coln't take it. Then there is the fur thing

OFF

Speaking of the Northwest, I wore my hooded silver fox 7/8 coat whilst in Seattle back in late november, and was a bit nervous based on some things I had heard about the area. Got a few compliments, and more importantly, not one negative remark. Not that I would not have worn furs, but it is nice to know that rumours of harassment turned out to be unfounded in my case at least.