Can we make it Six?

White Fox

Guys and Gals:

Not long ago (6 months maybe), we had a brand new Gallery with no photos in it. Well now, we are still less than a year old and we have close to 6,000 photos in there. But... we are not quite there yet.

Can we make it 6? Would love to see that soon.

Now then, we do not want a lot of low grade photos to do that. We want some really good ones! I am sure that there would be enough photos out there to make it 10,000. But they must be of high enough grade to go into our site. And they must be ones that are not already there.

Let's get there folks! Can we do it by the end of the month?

Now then, we cannot leave this all up to folks like Ravens, or Janey, or Tryxie or any of our other high posters. I am not going to start to name them off or I will leave out someone. However... you folk who are sitting in the background with fur photos in your collection. Let's see them on our site! Let's make it Six !

W

I have plenty more to upload, there are another 250 in the the queue waiting, and at least 100GB to sort through. I've been holding back posting these hoping that the recent activity in the Gallery might spur on others to offer some of their own collections.

We know you have them, we have ways of making you share:)

This raises a couple of questions for me White. One, I do have around 2000 photos in my personal collection, and have never gone through tehm to see if I have things that the Den does not. Are there any copyright restrictions as far as what can/cannot be reposted? And second, how is it done? I know I should probably know, but I don't.

Copyrighted photos are forbidden (yes, probably a bunch of snuck through) if there's anything with any sort of copyright symbol,do not post it. That would include photos from Dynasty, Dallas and the like (yes, probably some have made it to the gallery). If a photo has a copyright symbol, do not edit the symbol out and post the photo - that makes us look even worse. In some instances, we've asked and received permission of others to post their photos. Sheeny was kind enough to allow us to use photos from The Fur Palace. Now, both Mr. Mockle and The Fur Babe are allowing us to house their websites and collections.

Finally, XXX is prohibited. That's pretty well spelled out (ok, as well as we can spell it out in the CoC).

FLinFL

If a pic is posted anywhere on the web FurLoverinFL, do we assume it is copyrighted? Is there an automatic copyright conferred on an original pic or does the poster of the original have to take action to get it copyrighted.

Linda has also raised the question I had. There are just too many pics in the gallery now to know if ones I send in are duplicates. Is this a problem?

Basically, every image wherever it has come from is copyright to someone, they don't have to register it, it is automatic. The only images really that should be posted to the Gallery are ones that the individual poster has taken, providing they have the consent of the person being photographed, or written consent from the photographer or model who holds the copyright for photos taken from magazines.

Just because a picture is on the web, or you paid for the magazine it came from does not make it public domain. So really any restrictions posed by the Admin are pretty useless, over 90% of the gallery images are copyright, and should not be there. Which makes having a gallery pretty useless. In order for it to remain we have to accept the premise that we are breaking copyright restrictions and offer to remove the image should a complaint be made.

While virtually every photo - doesn't matter if it's on the internet - has some degree of copyright protection, we're most concerned with the ones that have any sort of copyright symbol.

If Mr. X publishes a photo of his wife in her new fur coat on the internet, he would have a hard time complaining that we somehow infringed on his copyright if we store the photo in our gallery - that's a fair use of the photo he published.

If photos are taken from adverts or catalogs or magazines, it's hard for anyone to complain - still fair use. If someone stole and triedto post the 'outtakes' of those photo shoots, then we'd probably have less protection. Publicity shots from movies and tv shows, still a fair use of those works; same goes for saving trailers of movies.

Saving clips from movies? Nope - youtube has already been forced to remove those and we could also be forced to take them down.

FLinFL

Lynxette and all. Good idea that we bring this up again. And say. Maybe we can reach 7,000 here quickly rather than 6,000.

Couple of things more to add, but also you should see our FAQ on this.

#1. It is extremely important that we do not have any photos in our collection with labels under the following names. Playboy, Coldfair, FHM, and Private. . These people do not wish their photos published, and indeed take action against us immediately with almost no warning.

#2. No X or XXX shots.

The following is in FAQ here. It is important that all read it from time to time to keep up on it.

***It is important to note here that if you find a copyrighted photo that you own in our Pictures Gallery that we will remove it IMMEDIATELY! We try our best to avoid this problem but we do realize mistakes can be made...... The following rules apply to posting pictures in the Gallery. #1. Pictures posted in the Gallery must be 1 MG in size or less. We ask that you keep each photo as small as possible to allow as many pictures as possible on our limited web space..... #2. No XXX or X rated photos are allowed! If you post just two XXX posts you can be banned for a month from the pictures Gallery. If a shot of a woman shows hair between the legs, or if the shot of a man shows the "private part" the photo is not allowed.... #3. No posts allowed of photos that are Copyrighted. This shows as either the word copyright, or a small "C" in the photo. ***Indeed it is extremely important that you NEVER post a photo that has had the "C" or word "Copyright removed!"..... Please realize that Playboy, Coldfair, FHM, and Private are all companies who do not wish their photos posted on our site. We also ask that you do not post large numbers of photos from any other fur fan site. People work hard to collect these photos and do not like it when others "Steal" their work..... #4. Please do not post duplicate pictures. The one exception to this is if you think that a photo in an album such as "Fashion" should be in another like "Erotic" as well..... #5. Any shots with only a tiny bit of fur will be deleted instantly...... #6. Any shots of fake fur will be deleted instantly...... ***Again we must stress that pictures is a two strike area! If you post 5 XXX pictures in one day you will likely be banned from pictures for up to a month.

Folks, let's give the photo mods something to do here. They have been complaining that they have not had anything to do lately!

W

Copyright is not usually applicable when some image is public domain. That means famour press images, images released by sites that you don't pay for etc.

But technically they are still copyright breaches; so it is generally polite to put a message in such a gallery saying if you feel that your image is illegally posted there we will remove it upon your request. Such a request must come from the photographer or copyright owner. As long as nobody loads up a whole pay to view gallery though then such infringements normally go unhindered, as long as its not a widescale theft.

Thus s/c images technically are banned because those photos you are supposed to pay to see; likewise getty images would enforce any infringement.

But yes we need to post more of our own pics; remember that sungolasses can cover up your/wifes face if you are worried.

Also on a personal interest note we now have 167 SMOKING in fur pics in there; so if anyone has any lets get that up to 200 this week huh? Just do a search on smoking to access them btw.

I had a feeling all of this was rather complicated for a simple girle like myself. I have always been a bit worried about violating some rule, regulation, or law. Thank you for some clearification though guys

Two things...

#1. Re Lynxette's message. If anyone has any photo questions, just let the photo crew know and they will answer them. Both OFF and Worker have been mods there long enough now that they will be able to pretty much guide you through any part of that.

#2. Re Smoking pics. You will have noticed that the Gallery now has a smoking area. If you could put the photos in there now rather than as a link in the pub that would be great. We are going to gradually move those in the pub into the Gallery but that is a lot of work for someone to do. If you could put them there first that would be great.

I realize that is not possible for new members. However, maybe you could just hold them for a few days until you have been here long enough to gain entry into the Gallery.

Thanks all.

W