Are we rattling cages???

auzmink

Pardon the pun, especially with respect to fur-farming, but do we now expect Trojan attacks because we are a serious threat to PETA? If so, congratulations everyone, the tide is finally turning - so we must assume covert petty mindless attacks on this site are part of their legitimate business!!

Auzmink

You know, that is an excellent point. Too bad the fact that their cages are rattled has to have an adverse impact upon others though, it true. Based upon what happened in Colorado the past few weeks, the total hypocracy of that movement is really coming to the fore now, and they are losing all credibility as so called "protectors" of animals.

I have been doing some research behind the scenes.

The attacks we just had were wide spread. They took place at a lot of other websites too. We were not singled out.

They are what some people call "Bot Attacks". (Short for "robot".) A trojan/virus gets planted on an unsuspecting user's computer which gets turned into a remote controlled "Bot" computer which surreptitiously connects to other websites and mail servers to spread spam, viruses and to other nasty things throughout the internet. The more people who respond to the bogus messages, the more computers get hijacked and "assimilated" into the network of bot computers.

But, somewhere along the line, there IS a human in the driver's seat. They monitor the results of their handiwork and plan future attacks. IF we can repel the attacks in an effective manner it is hoped that "they" will see that their efforts are wasted and go somewhere else where the pickin's are easier.

To that end, I would like to advise that people from the Fur Den DO NOT go to the trojan websites posted on this forum. The owners of the site(s) TRACK THE PEOPLE WHO GO THERE. They know who is responding. They know who is taking the bait.

*** ANY RESPONSE TO THESE ATTACKS WILL BEGET MORE ATTACKS! ***

To address the P∂TA issue: At this time, we do not believe that P∂TA is behind the attacks. But this does not preclude them from trying to attack us in the future.

It is in the best interests of Fur Den members to do what they can to "fly under the radar" of P∂TA, the ALF and other crazy whackos who might try to attack us.

It is in the best interests of Fur Den members to do what they can to "fly under the radar" of P∂TA, the ALF and other crazy whackos who might try to attack us.

Amen, Worker! In no way do we ever want to antagonize these whackos. Believe me, despite all the safeguards we have built in here in the Den, including a crack team of moderators, if these people wanted to make our lives miserable on this website, they could give it quite a go! It does, indeed, behoove us to fly well under their radar . . . !

Being a combatant with PeTA is NOT what we are about, regardless of how much we dislike their tacticts and philosophy.

There are other ways to sow the seeds for their destruction than to chose jousting with them publicly. Some have already been doing a champion job privately already.

OFF

No Problem White Fox. The story is as follows. The governor of the state of colorado requested that PETA assist either financially or with volunteers or both with the stricken cattle following the series of blizzards in Dec and Jan. PETA replied by stating that there was no way that they would assist in saving animals that were destined for the table anyway. In other words, it was okay with them that these poor animals freeze, starve, or die of thirst just so PETA could make their self righteous point. The Governor was furious, and stated so publically in an open letter, basically expressing complete disgust with PETA and their so called values.

I love to hear things like that!

It is stuff like that, that really brings out the stupidity of that organization. They do not think. They just follow the leader and do what ever he/she does. Like little tiny babies. And of course the leader sends them anywhere to make money to support the leadership.

W

Fantastic, let them shoot themselves in the foot again, and again, and again.... (should that story fo in the archives?)

Anyhow, my original comment about 'rattling cages' does not refer to any promoted antagonism towards PETA, just the fact that they must watch these pages ('hello you out there...) and sigh! They are doing a fine job themselves at self-degredation.

Auzmink..

The unfortunate thing about extreme groups like PETA is that their hearts are in the right place even though their minds are not. They look at the issues and present them from a purely emotional standpoint rather than from a reasoned intellectual one.

I beg to differ lynxette.

They have no heart!

Their emotions are driven by their 'phlosophy' like all ideologues. Normal emotion and/or heart has no place in their decisions. Whatever makes 'good press' in their minds. Think Osama Bin Laden.

OFF

Yes, I understand your point OFF, but I guess what I was refering to is the average Joe so to say that I have spoken to on the subject. Often times once I have explained the various issues to them, they have a real eyeopener, and often rethink their position. Not bad people, just badly informed and looking with their heart rather than minds.

Peta should move its headquarters to Colorado. Then they would not need the huge freezer for storing cadavers of unwanted household pets that they murder.

BTW, I call it murder (not euthanasia) because the latter is for the benefit of the suffering animal. I have a very strong suspicion that when Peta kills them, it is for the benefit of Peta.

Peta is never going to "save" any animals because it costs money to do that and that money could be better spent on trips, cars, hotels, etc.

Folks, you need to read this! This write-up is Fantastic!

To this group of tofu-devouring loonies, seeing the livelihood of cattle ranchers evaporate is a cheap thrill. This may also be the reason why the vegetarian-oriented Humane Society of the United States isn't spending any of the $145 million it raised last year on Colorado helicopter rentals and hay bales.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/3212

When this original link breaks you will see it available now in our Library at

http://thefurden.com/fdwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ConsumerFrdm

W

Indeed. Things like thise regularly posted are instrumental in persuading the PETAphiles that do snoop here to change their minds.

Remember we have had a few visitors who have actually registered saying that they were AR activists , and since coming here have realised that the argument against fur is wrong.

We do not need to engage them if they are open minded people but just misinformed. And believe me the hierarchy will not come here.

There is certainly no point in PETA forums for example linking this site to their memebers....they don't want them to see the truth.

The trouble I think is coming from elsewhere; and all kinds of sites are being hit with this stuff right now.

Ans so many are just that...misinformed. I cannot tell you how many times when the topic comes up with me that the person I am discussing it with says "I never realised that", or "I never thought of it that way. FGur isn't so bad after all." No, it is not bad at all.