Desert Island with a twist

Mr Barguzin

Given the way a couple of posts have been the site of a variance in view, here's a question that is sure (I hope) to get your brains going.

You are sent to a cabin in the wilderness, that has solar power and running water. It has the basic necessities of life available to you (ie food, TV, fridge, stove and cooktop, microwave oven, cuttlery and crockery etc).

Your task, should you chose to accept, is to nominate SIX (6) and only SIX other items to take with you.

Let the fun begin WEG

Right - think i'll give this one a try..

First, i'd probably take "the Bible according to Spike Milligan" - bloody hilarious read!! Followed by either Hagakure or Tao Te Ching (both books). 3 Down..

I'd take my PSP, and a copy of Gran Turismo for it - that'll keep me going for yonks!! oh, and a computer so i could keep in touch with you folks here!!

How's that? Hope it's ok with everyone..

Unclejoe

My girlf

her furs(or best fur)

my cats

my horse

two greyhounds or foxhounds for hunting

a swiss army knife

nothing else required; everything else can be made/got/transport/defended with those

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I forgot fags. A ship load.

ps

we need to get that language difference thing going between english and the american corruption of it as this is a classic case of possible misinterpretation (the mind boggles)

Fags: British for cigarettes

Fags US) homosexuals.

As long as we are clear that the tv is sattelite and can get all the music and sports and the food includes marmite and coca cola, then i would take the following

1) A football

2) Sarah Michelle Gellar

3) Mischa Barton

4) Alyson Hannigan

5) The Mrs

6) Lots of fur

I think i could get by on that

1) A laptop

2) A satellite dish providing the laptop with an unbelievable wireless internet connection

3)A supply drop pad

4)A satellite phone to contact a supply plane

5)A credit card with an account with $5,000,000,000

6)...the eiffel tower

I would use the laptop to order stuff (furs) off the internet, using the credit card to buy it. I would find a service online which delivers items anywhere in the world for a price and would ask for anything I order to be sent there, and then have a supply plane drop it off at the drop pad. I guess the eiffel tower would be used to admire the surrounding wilderness from a height

Well, so far ToS and Snowleopard are eliminated as they chose more than 6 individual items... and since there have been five postees, the odds are looking good for a couple of outsiders who thought outside the square.

Like the credit card idea... furs, food and girls if needed WEG

Sorry ToS, but "either/or" as used by a couple of postees means that just one of those items is included. And Earendil just wants 5 soooooooooooooooooooooo... VVWEG

Ain't accountants bastards?

Furelli...

Don't you mean WILDERNESS?? WEG. Didn't want to breach UK copyright law and use that famous BBC radio show *grin*

I didn't choose more than 6 did I? Unless the eiffel tower counts as more than one because it's a 300m high iron tower

Nope, you is safe *grin*

HMM i guess

1 The underground bunker from LOST

2 The cute girl from LOST

3 A 40 foot Cargo Container of furs

4 A laptop With Every book i've read as E-Books (infinite Hard drive)

5 A Fully loaded workshop

6 Big ass 100 Terabyte Wireless uplink for my Laptop

Hey just because i said fur coats plural thats a bit off. Anyway how do you know that the mrs isnt number 2, 3 or 4

Ok i will just take 1 coat, and learn to become a hunter, trapper, skinner, sewer, ruff 'n' rugged mountain man type.

Just adapt my idea, that way you can have a plane deliver anything you want. No need to go through the hassle of hunting, skinning, cleaning and all that stuff.

Well i might as well learn some skills to keep me occupied because if the mrs is coming too then i wont get to watch the tv all the time.

Maybe i should have left the mrs at home (I mean is it too much too ask on a sunday to watch the cricket, followed by the grand prix, then the rugby and two football matches)

Does the island/wilderness have runway facilities or will they have to make a drop?

On my list one of the objects was a supply drop pad. So stuff would just be in packages with parachutes attached I suppose, the eiffel tower would make it pretty easy for the pilot to see where I am.

1.Foxy Lady (entertainment )

2. Laptop with internet connection

3. F/L hooded fox fur coat for Foxy

4. F/L hooded fox fur for yours truly

5. King Size fox blanket

6. My bike (gotta' stay in shape for all the great *ahem* $3X)

One time I was out camping in the wilderness. I heard a plane and was petty sure maybe it was a waterbomber coming in to load up. Instead, it was a different kind of plane.

I didn't know that there were some rather rich folk near by out escaping the city life. They had come to enjoy the bliss and quite and tranquility of the country. They wanted to get away from all of the city life completely.

Oh yes. The plane. They had copies of the papers from the big cities flown in to their camp site daily.

No I didn't make it up! It is true!

W

Oh yes! I would bring along a genie to that desert island. So she could grant me every wish!

(P.S. The Genie might be called Master Card if I couldn't find the real thing!)

That is indeed right. By times I will be thiry or 40 kilometers from the nearest road, and even maybe from the nearest person, but this time I was only maybe 10 km out. Not too often you find folks like that too far into the backcountry areas. I won't bore you with other stories like this. Let's just say there have been experiences.

When you get right down to it camping by salt water/canoeing the ocean is much like that desert island. Water is like gold. You may well wash in the water you have cleaned your dishes with! Transportation is second. Shelter third. Then food and clothing. When you are in areas like that you can have a huge amount of fun. But when you are there alone you also soon learn that nature can be harsh as well as gentle and you very quickly learn to respect her!

Hope this was not too far off topic.

W

Since my #1 is already taking coats for each of us and a blanket, and a laptop, I can take the "fun" stuff!

1. Fox ('cause I want nothing more than to be secluded with him for eternity! )

2. Fur Handcuffs (no need for explanation )

3. Very large, over-stuffed fox fur covered pillow for me....

4. .... and one for him too

5. Gatorade (he needs it after he rides his bike )

6. Birth Control (don't want kids spoiling the fun! )

• 3 weeks later...

1. Laptop to stay in touch

2. Debit card with plenty of money in the bank to draw from

3. some device to allow internet usage for the laptop( satellite dish or some other device to get me on the internet)

4. My wife

5. My Golden Island Fox Coat

6. Her new Sheared Nutria coat

I could change this list but with the unlimited debit card I could order all the other stuff.