Murphy's Lesser Known Laws

ReFur

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.

If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.

The things that come to those who wait, will be the things left by those who got there first.

Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty

Me too, Kostas!

I get emails ever once in awhile that I like to share. This was one of them! Hope your holidays were good ones.

The furriers in the US are in deep trouble East of the Rockies, which is where most are located. Basically NO Winter. Many more will go under this year.

Hope business is going well for you.

Linda

Here too.

Business is good but not great. We haven't had winter, cold or snow yet.

It is unbelievable. I don't recall last time this happened. Its January for christ's sake! Now, even if it starts snowing, business will still be slow because consumers think : "why buy a fur now, winter will be off in a month or so, I'll buy next year". Very difficult situation for all of us.

I think I mentioned, I am selling all my inventory off. But, I will always keep my "fingers" in the fur business.

I am actually think of doing an ebay store kind of like a "manufacturers rep" does. Don't know if you use that term there. But, I would go to New York, .. or Greece, take pictures, get to know manufacturer, understand how they measure and list their items for sale on ebay. Not sure yet.

What I would love to find is a manufacturer who makes really nice minktail items at a reasonable price.

I'd like to talk more about this so I am going to start a thread on the Furrier's Forum.