An interesting fact.

White Fox

Folks, our one year birthday on this site is still quite awhile away yet. We will be celebrating our birthday on the day we opened this new site. We might even have something really special happening with our site around then.

But, I do want to mention that although I cannot remember the date exactly, is was just a year ago that this new site was first began. Maybe we could call it a not quite birthday! When I first came on site, I remember of seeing the first message wrote here was written by AK and believe it was on New Years though I could be a day out.

Poor AK did not know what he was getting himself into! But I think that all of you will agree the results are fantastic.

Again, we will be celebrating our birthday here in a couple of months. However, I just thought you would like to know of the special time that this is.

White Fox

Sure surprised me to learn this forum's not quite a year old yet. Must be the cohesion of folks who knew each other on the predecessor site tracked over to hear and gave it more of an air of organizational maturity.

Thanks to the folks who've made it possible!

frugalfurguy

I joined up on March 2, just a week after opening day yet I am member number 334!

How many member names were transferred from the old incatnation(s) of the den?

We have over 1400 now!

Wild!

Worker, we don't have any way that I know of to tell who here was a member of the old Den. However, I do know that the moment we opened that we had many members very quickly. As many recall we were scheduled to open on one day and we opened a day early because the old Den went down. However, within 18 hours of the new Den opening we had something like a hundred members already as I recall.

W

Well, if the site was uploaded to the server on Jan 1 but not open to the public until Feb 23 then there were only about eighteen members on opening day, six of which signed up that day.

Then, on the 24th 132 signed up, making the total 150 members in the first 24 hours of operation!

"Beautifulfurs.com", "cookie", "Miss T" and "shelley and kevin" were among the first few members to sign up that day.

Then fast forward to March 2. I was the last member to sign up that day. My registration was #334. On just the sixth day of business this site averaged 53 registrations per day!

Read my sig! We truly ARE like moths to a flame!

Read my sig! We truly ARE like moths to a flame!

Funny you should mention your siggie, Worker! I've always wondered about it. My Latin (It is Latin, isn't it?) sucks, so I even used one of those super-duper online translators and it didn't help, either - ! WTF does it mean . . .

Only ONE person has figured it out since I started using it.

It is a palindrome. (It reads the same backward and forward.)

It is difficult to translate because it uses nonstandard grammar in order to make it a palindrome. The translation reads thus:

"Into the circle we wander at night. The fire shall consume us."

It is a riddle known as "The Devil's Verse." The answer to the riddle is "Moths that fly to a flame."

Quite a fitting description of the Fur Den. Don't you think?

A bit of history for Worker:

The forum software was initially loaded and setup on my personal PC on December 31, 2005. FrBrGr gained access to it while we were discussing the possibility of establishing a new Fur Den. The GoDaddy hosting account was established on January 11, 2006. The software and database was moved to the new host and White Fox was admitted as an admin on January 16, 2006. We started allowing mods in around February 06, 2006 for beta testing.

And one year later, I am still upgrading the site.

Remember the evening it was decided to open the doors early?!!

I can't remember why now. Wasn't there a problem with Melody going down?

... I just can remember us all scrambling to get everything ready with welcome posts, etc.

Hard to believe almost a year has passed. Also it is amazing what AK and John have accomplished in such a short time.

I don't believe anyone knows the time commitment the two of them have made to this place.

Thanks, guys!

Linda

Remember the evening it was decided to open the doors early?!!

I can't remember why now. Wasn't there a problem with Melody going down?

Yes - Melody went down, and we opened the new Den a day early . . .