PETA and the Neverland Ranch??

Foxy Lady

Back in the early 80's animal import laws were more "flexible" back then and there was a lot of animals that shouldnt been imported .

That was how people got all the deadly snakes such as Cobras and other venomus repltiles in the us back then.

Sure there is. They're relatives of the monkey, they came in on a family visa. Or maybe he bred them himself. Which brings to mind a song. But I can't afford the lawyer so I'll keep that to Pm's only.

Tryxie

I see. But I'm assuming they're stricter now and that MJ didn't buy his zoo back in the 80s. Maybe he earned himself a Zoo license or something....

Oh the animal import laws in the us are much stricter now.

MJ did start his zoo back after thriller which was 84.

Thats back when Bubbles was with him all the time.

Poor Monkey.

Again this comes down to PETA being thoughtless about reults of their actions. What do you think would happen to theses animlas anyway if they were closed down? Yeah right...rehoming in zoos....zoos are struggling anyway . They get put down.

When these draconian laws were introduced in the UK the result was most animlas had to be destroyed. The same will happen if circus animals are made illegal.

One good note: when the laws were introduced in the Uk most people let their animals go rather than kill them or buy exorbitant licenses. So our forests now have a healthy big cat population which is actually nice. We have had encounters with several big cats in forestry nearby. As they were indigenous originally I think its nice they are back....and terrifying the townies!!!!

Its not illegal to keep the animlas if you go through all the red tape, have some kind of conservation/breeding reintroction programme etc. On ranches in Texas now there is big game hunting (African wildlife) but as a result of their excellent efforts, many virtually extinct species have been reintroduced into Africa. Dont see PETA doing anything practical like that do you?

Jackson is in all kinds of trouble for another issue with his ranch employees... just read an article the other day on MSN that says his worker's compensation insurance has lasped. This was noticed because one of him employees was injured and didn't know what to do about the lack of worker's comp available to them. The ranch has been shut down and are trying to reach Jackson but have failed. No mention of what is to be done with all the animals there....

He just doesn't have a clue as to what people have to do in the "real world" I think... he is always in Neverland, even in Bahrain.

In all fairness to the freak that is MJ, I have to believe that he didn't have a clue as to what was happening at his 'ranch'. I would think he has 'people' who are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the place. Yes, ultimate responsiblity rests on his shoulders but come on - does anyone here think that MJ can even go online and buy an airplane ticket by himself?

FLinFL

If MJ is unable to properly hold an umbrella to protect himself from melting in mild sunlight, then I'm positive the various functions of a computer would overwhelm him.

if jackson melts, he melts... it is ultimately his responsibility, legally, what takes place on his property. those employees, all of them, act on his behalf, as his representatives. why should he be unaccountable because he is on his own planet mentally? the rest of us must comply with the law or pay the price, and he's gotten a lot of "get out of jail free cards" as far as i see it already. bugger him for not paying attention.

I think he should take most if not all the blame for the mishaps which occur on his bizarre amusement park. He really should be in prison already..

Yes, Jackson IS ultimately responsible for his own actions and the state of affairs at Neverland. It's just the same as a person who gets piss drunk and kills somebody else while driving a car.

However, I believe MJ is a very sick individual. To a certain degree, he can't help himself. His father treated him like a dancing monkey, simply for his own financial gain ever since he was old enough to walk and talk. I can't imagine what it would be like. (I can imagine a LOT!)

I do not absolve him of his crimes simply because he is mentally ill. I'm certain that he has the mental facilities to understand the difference between right and wrong. I just think that, because of his abusive history, he is driven to act out in unhealthy ways.

Is a heroin addict responsible for his crimes because he kills somebody while robbing a store in order to get money to feed his addiction?

The answer to that question is both, "Yes" and "No".

The best thing that could ever happen to MJ is that he would sell the ranch, take all his money and move to some remote island off shore, somewhere... One of those little islands off the coast of Hawaii or New Zealand, or something. Some place where he can do ho damage and where nobody can do damage to him. Just let him live out his life in obscurity.

Why not the moon? Actually, I'd rather not have MJ go down in history as the first person to live on the moon. I've been wondering whether his skin colour changed due to some health disorder or because of surgery. As he himself says, it's some health issue but everyone else I know believes it was surgery, as do I. What do you people think?

I just think his music is crap but at least he isnt telling me (and the rest pf the planet)what to do unlike Bono and geldorf and green Day and REM......

I think he unwittingly caused his own skin to change after so many surgeries.

I don't doubt that it is possible to "bleach" the skin. I don't doubt that MJ had the money to do whatever he wanted. But, I do doubt the efficacy of any such treatments. I can't imagine the results would be any good.

Instead, I think the change in his skin color and texture is the result of so many plastic surgery treatments that his face is literally covered with a permanent patina of scar tissue.

We all KNOW that his nose is so corroded from so many plastic surgeries!

There is actually a skin condition known as vitiligo which causes a lightening of the pigmentation of the skin. It can be random and anywhere, and the lightened areas do usually grow a bit with age and can cause itching and discomfort. The usual treatment is to bleach the rest of the skin, as there is no treatment for vitiligo itself. It is also a precancerous condition of the skin.

That being said on the issue of vitiligo (cause I did research for myself last year), who can say if he really had an issue like that or just went nuts trying to alter himself.

On the whole idea of taking him away and separating him from society, such as on an island... I think he would still act out in the same manner. The only difference would be that he would have to import anyone or thing he wished to use... and I'll leave that thought at that, as I agree that he has gotten off lightly in legal issues. I don't give much sympathy to "victims" of a rough childhood who cannot grow beyond those bad experiences and learn. Yes he is in need of help, so why doesn't he get it with all his loot? Sorry to sound harsh, but survival of the fittest, eh?

Vitiligo: There is some kind of help. Wouldn't call it a remedy, but my mother-in-law suffers from Vitiligo (around her eyes, on the neck, fingers and knuckles, elbows, feet) and went to Israel, Dead Sea sun climate. There she did all-the-day sunbathing, and within her white skin areas pigmentation restarted to work! Unfortunately, non-pigmented residual areas now are growing slowly again.