When they come for you and your furs.....

Guest touchofsable

I feel exactly the same way about hunting and smoking and sexual expression Worker.

Maybe you can appreciate therefore why my views are so strong on these things in the den too.

touch, you sound a bit like those guy in the US who hide in mountain retreats and rant that the government is coming any day to take away their guns. Not only is either case unlikely, barring a sudden switch to authoritarianism (and don't tell me that is even close to happening in the US or UK), but even if that did happen, taking your furs would be the least of your worries.

Plus you're using this logical fallacy that anything the Nazis were against is therefore good and pure. The nazis were not the ultimate force of darkness. They were just bad people who got the power to do bad against anyone they didn't like.

They didn't go after hunting and smokers out of any feelings those were wrong (and where did you get the info that they went after those people; any links to those); they went after them just because they could.

So this backwards way of lumping those who don't like those with nazis is asinine, and makes you seem paranoid.

Crap crap crap.

Nazis were allowed to get away with it because nobody challenged them at source.

The source of their beliefs was nietzche and someone should have told them that nitezche and buhism had no rational moral authority.

If someone had done this propr to 1930 theer would have bee no WWII and no Auswtwitz.

I am not knocking Buddhism as such.....but when a buddhist tells me I am immoral then he is going to get aggro from me full stop.

This is not a question of belief since I do not bring my moral authority to this table but if I am reqired I will do so.

My religion is based on the Hunt and I take this very very personally.

wrong, wrong, wrong. The seeds of the Second World War were planted in the Franco Prussian war of 1870.

And Nietzche never proposed or suppoorted Nazism, that was propogated by his sister

The imperialist anbitions of Bismark and therefor perhaps the militarist stregth of the futue united germany were yes.

however this was not and never could be the origin of Mein kampf since beowulf Wagner and prussian aristocracy were profoundly religious.

Hitler's attempts to marry the two were finally pushed aside when he took up the mantle of animal rights and let Himmler off the leash.

The sad thing is that the real origin of germany has never...and will never sadly thanks to Hitler...ever come back.

Beowulf was a hunter. Hitler's lie of volk culture betrayed the real volk culture and instead took up Himmler's viision of Aryan buddhism.

Sorry Tos, I know I should take this seriously, but all I can hear is

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany" tralalala, are we both on the same nursery rhyme here ?

I do think there is reason to be worked up about the state of the world in general, what we allow to be taken from it and ourselves. Speaking up or making a noise to be heard is needed in the right places, I agree. So few people are willing to put themselves out there, and that does not help.

I am pondering a letter to people like Ms. Ricci who recant on their obvious beliefs when attacked by antis. I want to offer an intelligent source of educational tools then ask if she won't use her own mind to decide what is right for herself. Then this can be a cookie cutter for other celeb letters that others here can take and run with. I've been toying with ideas for a letter to Ana Wintour the editor of Vogue here in NY for a time, and will do that soon too.

I am willing to put my real name out there for these causes. I am willing to write and do what I can. My resources are nill, but I can put forth effort. I'm tired of being taken advantage of, of getting flack for this or that (insert your own gripe here)... and I want to say enough.

Tos I understand your passion and zeal and also long for freedom. My head hurts from bashing it against this wall of ignorance and intolerance everyday.

So to get this off the volatile nazi subject and just to be cheeky... who is wearing what fur as they read and perhaps respond to this?

ps... guess I forgot to say I have my little white fox pelt draped over a shoulder, the one with citrine eyes...

touch, you sound a bit like those guy in the US who hide in mountain retreats and rant that the government is coming any day to take away their guns. Not only is either case unlikely, barring a sudden switch to authoritarianism (and don't tell me that is even close to happening in the US or UK), but even if that did happen, taking your furs would be the least of your worries.

Plus you're using this logical fallacy that anything the Nazis were against is therefore good and pure. The nazis were not the ultimate force of darkness. They were just bad people who got the power to do bad against anyone they didn't like.

They didn't go after hunting and smokers out of any feelings those were wrong (and where did you get the info that they went after those people; any links to those); they went after them just because they could.

So this backwards way of lumping those who don't like those with nazis is asinine, and makes you seem paranoid.

Lord. I have studied nazi culture and law making and the parallels are obvious. I suggest you do the same before commenting.

A law which criminalises a million people who hunt, or 13 million smokers is authoritarian. Banning mink farming was the same too. The Nazis were democratically elected and claimed legitimate mandate for what they did. In fact it took the Nazis three years of legal problems before banning hunting and five years before banning smoking. Labour have just acted without acknowledgement of the legal implications. Now the only difference is that the Nazis could not be democartically removed. BUT if you have five years of being criminised its no comfort to know that at some point they will go and the law may be reversed.

If I smoke in a pub from april I or the landlord face imprisonment or heavy fine, Hunters face the same. Miss T faces the same in some US states for her activities.

The governemnt in the UK are supporting banninmg of the burka.

These are all fascistic acts since they criminise those who do not conform.

And the power of the stae will be used against the individual.

Labour intend to ban the imports of furs from many countries including Canada within the next few years. Only protest from native lobbies have stopped them doing it already.

The problems with fascism lie NOT with the extremes to which the measures were carried out, but the reasoning behind them The same reasoning.

Earendil...

On the naming of Teddy Bears:

And that is the name that you never will guess;

The name that no human research can discover -

But THE BEAR HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.

Errr....I'm getting totally confused here.

Are ewoks of the same genus as bears, and if so is this the first case of interplanetry ursine evolution?

Do bears claim to be the destroyer of death stars?

And who owns a bear called Bernadette that's in the habit of talking to white fox boas.

And surely earendil isn't an ewok?!?...............is he?

Do we have ewoks in the Den?

Think I'll go back to my pint of cider and whisky chaser now. It's such a comfort in this strange and yet stranger world!!!

Don't know if Ewoks are related to Bears but they are icons of how Bears feel sometimes.

They are kind and geltle, even to the point of giving their all for another who means everyting to them but they are also resourceful. Don't let their cute, furry looks deceive you. They can be like a mother grizzly protecting her cubs.