How true is this?!

Foxy Lady

The dishonesty from that list is the implication that stupid policies and action weren't done in the old days, and people were somehow more sensible.

Well, yeah, people were just as stupid back then as they are today. It's just a NEW KIND of stupid!

The dishonesty from that list is the implication that stupid policies and action weren't done in the old days, and people were somehow more sensible.

Well, yeah, people were just as stupid back then as they are today. It's just a NEW KIND of stupid!

AWESOME Randy! Thanks for sticking up for me! You know you will always be my favorite bear!

And to everyone else B~, Raven, Tigress....

Well, what can I say? I am "stupid", "dishonest" and "unsensible"! (I am certain I have been called worse ) How the hell did I end up being a FT 9-1-1 dispatcher, PT police dispatcher, EMT, black belt in 2 forms of karate, straight A student ALL THE WAY THROUGH SCHOOL, volunteer at a home for the mentally challenged (I can be "PC" when it's necessary) and still manage to live with my horrible self and fall in love with someone? (Who may I add has all the "terrible" qualities I possess and many more!)

IT WAS A JOKE!!! haha funny! I know this may come as a complete surprise, but it is okay to sit back in the privacy of your home, relax and laugh. Not everything needs to be over-analyzed, critized and pecked to death.

Sounds to me like some of you may be in desperate need of a dose of anxiety medication. (Considering anytime something gets a little too much these days, we should immediately seek psychiatric help and go on medication. )

- FOXY

I think Lord got the joke but he didn't see the humor in it.

I think he needs to go watch that old Monty Python skit where the old men sit around the room and tell tall tales:

"Back in MY day... My whole FAMILY lived in a shoe box and ate nothing but bread crumbs... And we were GREATFUL!"

I think Lord got the joke but he didn't see the humor in it.

I think he needs to go watch that old Monty Python skit where the old men sit around the room and tell tall tales:

"Back in MY day... My whole FAMILY lived in a shoe box and ate nothing but bread crumbs... And we were GREATFUL!"

I have seen that sketch, but that was clearly unrealistic. The list, even meant as a joke, is just grounded enough to look serious. It resemebles too closely the current style of twisting truth that is done these days (even if twisting the truth has been done since history began).

You had a shoebox? You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

For full tanscript......

http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/four_yorkshiremen.htm

Unrealistic? LordtheKnight.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL:

They won't!

Happy new year Foxy Lady, Linda, Worker, LordtheKnight, and all. May it be filled with happiness, health, and prosperity for us all

(Isn't it just great that we are all different )

Foxy...

You mean that I can get along without those pills that this psychotic human is making me take so I don't kill anyone? I really wasn't that bad you know. Only 9 of them were unjustified. The other 37 were for good reason!

(Yep, the RCMP and CIA will be watching this site now!) And I haven't even started to drink yet!

W

From www.urbandictionary.com:

1. Poe's Law

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics.

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

The following is an actual Internet post to Biblically defend a flat Earth:

"All I was saying was that either the earth is flat, and the bible is correct, or the earth is round, and the bible is incorect, i'm going to study the issue more and deside for myself which route I want to take. Either Atheist evolutionist, who agrees with all of mainstream sciences, or flat earth litteral bible believer.

I'm leaning toward being an atheist, because if I can't believe the bible to be completly litteraly true, then I can't believe Jesus when he speaks about heaven, etc..

That would make the moon landing a fake, and pretty much all of modern science false..."

Response:

"That's it, I'm claiming Poe's Law on this guy."

From www.urbandictionary.com:

1. Poe's Law

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics.

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

The following is an actual Internet post to Biblically defend a flat Earth:

"All I was saying was that either the earth is flat, and the bible is correct, or the earth is round, and the bible is incorect, i'm going to study the issue more and deside for myself which route I want to take. Either Atheist evolutionist, who agrees with all of mainstream sciences, or flat earth litteral bible believer.

I'm leaning toward being an atheist, because if I can't believe the bible to be completly litteraly true, then I can't believe Jesus when he speaks about heaven, etc..

That would make the moon landing a fake, and pretty much all of modern science false..."

Response:

"That's it, I'm claiming Poe's Law on this guy."

It's like Stephen Colbert actually has neoconservative fans who believe his character is the real him. That's why he was invited at the white house corespondents dinner that time.

And if that list did come with a few winks, I might have gotten it. I've foung the symbol is vital on the web if you want people to know that you are not serious.

The is key. But if you know:

A) The poster's style.

B) The context of the post.

C) Other posts the writer may have made of similar nature at the same time.

You may infer the poster's intentions in the absence of the .

Sorry for the double posts, but those are more results of stupidity than political correctness

Pardon me, but aren't stupidity and political correctness one of the same . . . ?

Sorry for the double posts, but those are more results of stupidity than political correctness

Pardon me, but aren't stupidity and political correctness one of the same . . . ?

Political correctness is more a concept than a state of being. It means to be correct to politics, as the name clearly indicates if people would actually think about the term. Therefore it is the politcs, that people are being correct to, that it stupid.

If politics says don't use racial slurs, then that isn't stupid. Yet if it says stone those who do use them, that is stupid.

EDIT: Yet in the case of the list, those things are far more than what politics* even asks for, so that is more due to stupidity.

*And that isn't just the liberal politics associated with PC. There are a lot of right wing types of PC, like blindly following the party line.