Furs on a Plane

FurLoverinFL

I spent my weekend going back to New Jersey to visit friends and family for the holiday. I kind of had my heart set on a nice chilly weekend with furs all around. Unfortunately, I arrived just in time for one ofthe warmer December weekends they had! At least my friend, Teresa, was 'kind enough' to wear her black mink stroller when we got together on Saturday night.

Other than that, it was a rather fur-less warm weekend. Fortunately, the weekend was salvaged by the lady wearing a full length black mink at Newark airport yesterday. Fantastic coat - had such a beautiful sheen to it.

Then, while I'm sitting in the plane, one of the last people to get aboard is this tall, leggy blond wearing (probably the last thing you'd expect to find on a planeful of people going to FL) a HUGE silver fox, full length coat!!! Absolutely stunning - thoughts of it kept running through my head as I napped on the way back!

Anyone else either see (or better wear furs) in a somewhat unexpected place this weekend?

FLinFL

Planes can be very nice.

Eleven years ago it was okay to smoke on a plane. But only at the very back four rows, which tended to be packed.

So there I am at the back of the plane and this stunning 40 year old business lady in a huge YSL crystal fox gets on and storms straight up to the back. The only seat left was next to me. She was American. SHe looked around and asked if she minded her sitting next to me as her seat was in non smoking and she specifically asked for smoking. The stewardess had said if she could find a seat in smoking she could take it. Anyway the fox came off and got thrown up into the locker. As it did so it brushed myface, and she giigled and apologised.

Of course, I said no no it was very nice!

"You like furs?"

I nodded a little red faced and said, "yes I have to admit when you got on the plane I thought you looked amazing". She seemed really flattered, and so the fur just slipped back down and ended up on her lap and she kept it there the whole journey. Of course being on the end seat she had to keep it out of the path of the hosties so half of it ended up on me. It was very very pleasurable and she was a really friendly lady. She could have been a VS advert!

It was the only real stroke of luck I ever had on a plane!

As for seeing ladies in furs in unusual places this weekend, how about this.

We went to a function at a top hotel saturday night and my girfriend wore a huge blush fox full length. In addition she wore long black velvet gloves and a massive sparkling crystal bracelt and ring. She wore high black patent gucci boots with metal spike hels and a black velever boned dress with netting skirts.

The heels were very high and she couldn't walk well. So when we got out of the cab it was near our home but also near a garage . So we needed cigarettes, and I walked to the garage while she stayed put. It was only 40 yeards so she was in sight. So she is standing on this corner looking amazing.

On a corner. In the city.

The Police car that circled the block 6 times with the officers gawping was amusing. She thought so too so played up to it each time they passed, adjusting her stockings and throwing her hair about. They looked like young officers and clearly street hookers do not normally look like that. ...but they must have thought she was a really really high class one, not the crack addicted type.

Of course we were lighting cigarettes on their last pass, which was almost a crawl and they were open mouthed. Then we would have been gone before they came again.

It will have been the highlight of their weekend in a troubled city I can tell you!

One other car hit the opposite kerb too because the driver was momentarily distracted.

Well, I can't actually call a fur sighting in Barneys New York--the self-important, pricey and super-sophisticated specialty store on Madison Avenue in New York unexpected on a 35-degree day in early December, but a week ago Saturday I was shopping on the ninth floor, where a huge array of mostly non-essential gift items are for sale....everything from holiday items to luscious fur throws and pillows.

In the middle of the Saturday afternoon crowd were two men apparently doing some serious shopping with the help of a salesclerk (as opposed to your truly, who was browsing and people-watching). They were both wearing what looked to be elegant and beautiful furs. The older guy, who might have been about 50, was wearing a grooved black sheared 3/4-length coat with semi-spiral sleeves (meaning less of an angle to the cut of the fur). I would guess it was sheared mink, but it could have been some other sheared fur like beaver. It looked so striking that I almost couldn't take my eyes off it. But his companion's floor-length (literally it just about brushed the floor) black mink with lush full collar was the real stunner. They both looked so matter of fact and self-possessed that it was hard for me to go up to them and comment on their furs. If I ever come upon them again (and people like that tend to frequent the same stores over and over) I will be sure to lavish them and their furs with praise. They certainly brightened my afternoon!

Happy holidays and even happier fur sightings, one and all!

Firstfur

Ive got an similar experience in the train! It was rush hour and very busy in the train. One seat next to me (my bag was on it) was empty yet. Then a women in a huge full length red fox came in the cabin.. when she came close, i took off my bag from the seat and said she could sit, what she did. Man, it was the best train ride i ever had First time i didnt mind that the 2nd class seats in dutch trains are very small Unfortunately the next stop (after 8 min ride) she did go out... But the experience i will never forget!

I haven't been on a plane in a while, but I think the thread's title is funny.

"furs on a plane"

I was almost thinking of a plane being invaded by fur fetishits rather than snakes.

"furs on a plane"

I was almost thinking of a plane being invaded by fur fetishits rather than snakes.

*giggles* That sounds sort of fun. "Planeload of fur fetishists trying for the fur world record for most members in the mile high club at once!"

*giggles like crazy* Ah, need to sleep.

~K

"furs on a plane"

*giggles* That sounds sort of fun. "Planeload of fur fetishists trying for the fur world record for most members in the mile high club at once!"

~K

I haven't seen the movie, but of course I heard the line. So here's my take on it for this thread:

I am sick of these motherf***ing furs, NOT being worn on this motherf***ing plane!

I am laughing so hard right now that my neighbors can probably hear me, and who cares? Ah, hilarity!

~K

PS I did see a few furs out and about the other day, just in passing, but I *always* see furs most every day anyhow. I wear them out.

"furs on a plane"

~K

I haven't seen the movie, but of course I heard the line. So here's my take on it for this thread:

I am sick of these motherf***ing furs, NOT being worn on this motherf***ing plane!

Hi,

In december of 1991 I went on a 2 week learning trip to OK. I wore my coyote onto the plane, but took it off and put it up in the overhead bin. When I got to ft worth airport for the transfer to Ok city. I had it over my arm not on my back as it was like 75 degrees in the Dallas/ft worth airport. There was only 1 day in the 12 days I was there that was cool enough to wear it. But comming home getting off the plane it was back on as temp was in the 30's No other furs in the the plane.

Last year in 2005 end of Feburary when boarding a plane a Girl in first class had on fur boots. I said "Nice boots" and got a "thank you" from the woman. But there were no coats in view. The interesting seat she was in was alone (no seats nearby) and facing to the rear of the plane.

• 2 weeks later...

My self i have not flown due always in uk but i have seen some huge coats on the railways. my favourite meeting was going to devon in cornwall and this lady took off this huge silver fox what has she did brushed me with the linning. that was nice she said i gather you like fur i said yes i we talked about the antis and our hobbies i said i was going to devon to ride horses she said she likes riding has well. like a idiot i did not get her number and she got off before me.