how many of u fur loving men and ladies have seen furs at

Guest Alexisfox

hi,

i was wondering if any of u fur loving men or ladies have seen furs at your job and please list the furs u have seen i would love to be a furrier i think they have the best job in the world. this topic goes out to furriers and everyone who loves furs i only love the power furs of the 1980's big furs like redfox, silverfox, coyote, canadian lynx, crystalfox, bluefox, shadowfox. im not a big person but i love the feel of wearing a big fur. i bet u furriers out there have great fur stories to tell from the 1980's. and please pm me anytime day or night.

Welcome to the den, Alexis! I work in the wealth management field. For many years, I was in New Jersey. Frankly, fur was a part of just about every lady's wardrobe! From senior executives to assistants, it seemed as though just about everyone had at least a full length mink. There was the occasional fox (blue or silver), but mink was the 'power fur' of choice for the women I worked with. Here in FL, furs are kind of hard to find, but they do make their way out in the winter months when most of the balls and galas are held.

FLinFL

I see them in my job trhoughout the winter. As FL says , so it is in the UK. They are resreved for special ocassions and events like premiers, some theatre, smart restautants and hotles, and the races and huntt balls. Sadly the only other times you get them is when people go abroad to get out of the New Labour drone culture.

Yes the 80 was great and it was the politic fo envy not animals rights which screwed it up.

Sadly fur is seen as ostentatious. No shortage of rabbit fur scarves around on office girls....but I remember when they would wear power foxes to work.

Back in the eighties I worked at a video rental place, and though I got the occasional fur passing through, it was rare even in Minnesota where there is just cause to wear furs whenever you can get away with it in the Winter.

Unfortunately, during the power fur era the only stories of note that had anything to do with fur didn't have anything to do with the fur we all love and enjoy here. Use your imaginations, and you've probably figured out that some lone Video Store Clerk at some close to closed Video Store is going to see some action from the girls who go to the video stores late at night because they have nothing better to do.

If they had been wearing furs, I'd probably still be there to this day!

You know it's funny, I was just thinking of posting a similar topic...

I work at an upscale private club, and with christmas time approaching there is an influx of parties etc.

I had the pleasure of working at the coat check this evening and literally at one point had a line up of attractive women handing me fur coats. Honestly, I was dumbfounded.

There were some nice long fox coats as well as a full length sheared beaver piece which really caught my attention. Add to that some old school mink and a couple of older fox coats and it was a very nice situation. Just to be in a room full of fur coats while at work...I can only imagine being a furrier!

Since Melody this subject has come up several times and it has gotten some great responses.

Hope we hear more

OFF

A good few hundred nice furs at Cheltenham races the last two days and even more collars hats etc. Blackfox and his lady were there....and I have a sneaking suspicion that at least another few members....maybe quiet ones...were in attendance!

Highlights were a sable on a very young lady (20?), a very nice diagonal v silver fox with leather sleeves, a waisted floor length blackglama, two chinchilla/rex (one long one short) lots of nice blackglamas, two bluefox jackets (one on a girl with thigh boots and a stunning hat with fur trim) some sweeping lunaraines, a gorgeous phantom beaver, some nice vintage pieces, persian lamb/mink, full length modern musquash, and four fur shops with lots of ladies....many younger ones, trying coats on. For once it was cold and fine, so perfect fur weather. I heard

"wish I had worn mine/mums/grandma's" about 50 times, and "it's definitely coming back" another 50 times.

It is a long way from being abroad; but it is getting pretty spectacular for the UK as often it is the most stunning ladies and girls wearing them.

Blackfox's lady in a leather and rabbit lined waisted jacket with native gray fox collar and cuffs was particularly spectacular.

Alexisfox;

Welcome to The Fur Den.

first part of your question about furs at work.

Yes indeed. Weather permitting I see fur at work every day. It's mine.

A gray sheared Beaver lined gray suede (Bill Blass) jacket, a Bobcat lined Buckskin jacket, a brown Mink lined (hooded) brown suede jacket, a sheared Alaska Fur Seal lined Bannana Republic cow hide jacket and a Fitch lined tan Lambskin jacket with Stone Martin collar.

I don't wear them all at one time and there are more to come.

Soon I'll have a Blackglama lined moss green Carhartt hooded jacket.

OFF

I'd give anything just to see one on the street, let alone sharing the same office space as me

Sadly, the industry is so male dominated that any woman who makes it to a position where she could even consider fur are usually ones that have had to employ the "bulldog" attitude to get where they are... and usually end up looking like one

TOS,

A while ago, you posted a list of race meetings where you suggested there might be a lot of furs. Could you re-post, or put in a link to that post?

Many thanks