More UK fur wearers?

bontadore

And then there is the other link within the Independent's story to another article about fur.... and two of the writers are surnamed Woolf and Elks. HMmmmmmmmmmmm VEEEEeeeeeeerrrry Interesting.... but fatuous.

Ah well, what else can one expect from the Mother country?

The Guardian article is 2002 but the independent article is today.

There is a link for contacting the editor.

We must FIGHT this ignorant reporting, and be ready to get at the RSPCA too if they are taking up the mantle against fur , who make PETA look like rank amatuers when it comes to killing animals .

For now, yes....that is what we do. We all write letters independently.

The RSPCA suck. They keep animals in far worse conditions than on fur farms and kill 100 000 a year uneccessarily. Someone needs to expose them.

soon there will be organised resistance. Soon

The RSPCA suck. They keep animals in far worse conditions than on fur farms and kill 100 000 a year uneccessarily.

Just for my information where did you get that statistic from?

The RSPCA are compelled by law to publish it. It is from their own records a couple of years ago. Just call the RSPCA and ask them. They get stroppy but have to send you the info.

Many of these are wild animals taken to shelters . The suspicion being that they are killed rather than incurr expensive vets bills.

They are already my sworn enemies as they spent huge money on trying to ban foxhunting. They spent thousands on flying a derigible above the CA demo in London. That was from monet given to them for looking after animals. They will now according to the Independent have a campaign against fur.

Time to expose them for the hypocrites they are.

The RSPCA are compelled by law to publish it. It is from their own records a couple of years ago. Just call the RSPCA and ask them. They get stroppy but have to send you the info.

OK thanks for the info, I had no idea that they kept those sort of records.

Wrote a letter to the Independent about their two articles - wonder if I'll get a reply? Do you guys think that this is actually effective? Seems to me that if a newspaper (or other media outlet) is going to print a story that has an obvious political bias, that the story in question is pretty close to their own personal views. Anyways, here's hoping i'm wrong...

Wrote a letter to the Independent about their two articles - wonder if I'll get a reply? Do you guys think that this is actually effective? Seems to me that if a newspaper (or other media outlet) is going to print a story that has an obvious political bias, that the story in question is pretty close to their own personal views. Anyways, here's hoping i'm wrong...

The views will be the article writer's and not necessarily editorial policy. Also if your letter states an opposite position to the article the editor may include it just to try to start a flame fest

I had a journalist tell me she had a bollicking over a hunting article once from the editor as she had not quoted any pro hunting views and the newspaper had 750 complaints. She therefore cma e to me and did a balanced report about two months later. So not only do they take some notice, but people like us are the ONLY thing that make them take notice.

MAKE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT FUR WILL BE BANNED WITHIN TEN YEARS UNLESS YOU ALL START GETTING MILITANT NOW. WE HAVE THE ABSOLUTE BEATING OF THE ANTIS ON ETHICAL PHILOSOPHICAL AND RATIONAL GROUNDS ON VIRTUALLY ALL ASPECTS OF THE DEBATE. BUT ITS NO GOOD IF WE DON't START PUTTING THAT OVER. THESE PEOPLE ARE FASCISTS AND INFILTRATE MEDIA AND GOVERNMENT AT HIGH LEVEL. THEY NEED TO BE FOUGHT AND RIDICULED FOR THE GANGSTERS THEY ARE.