Album with small size pictures

furmaster

Hello Furlovers,

Placing my pictures on the internet, I have to rsize the pictures to a small format to create quickly a page. Is there any usefull program that's generates a lot of pictures to a small size??

Nice regards,

Furmaster

I KNOW you guys don't want to hear this but you should learn to use Photoshop.

There are plenty of picture manipulation programs out there but the ONLY sure way to control the quality, size and resolution of your pictures is to adjust the settings YOURSELF.

A lot of those programs recompress pictures when they save them. Compressing an already compressed picture degrades the quality. It doesn't make them any smaller (unless you reduce the dimensions) but it can make a good picture look bad and a marginal picture look terrible.

Photoshop isn't that hard to use. If you've got any computer savvy at all, you can learn to work the basic controls in just a few hours. There are non-professional versions of Photoshop available. (e.g.: "Photoshop Elements" or "Photoshop LE".) You can buy "Elements" for under $100 U.S.

There is so much you can do with Photoshop that those other programs don't do! You'll be glad you took the time to learn!

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is good but it's got a steeper learning curve. The interface is a bit more non-standard than people are used to unles they are a Un*x hacker.

However, aside from being free there are other benefits. Namely, it makes Photoshop look like a TOY! You can do some down-and-dirty manipulations that Photoshop could never HOPE to do!

If you know how to operate the compression controls, you can make GIMP compress a JPEG into about 1/3 less disk space than Photoshop can do AT THE SAME QUALTIY!

So, if you've got any photographic leanings, at all, it will pay handsomly if you learn to use Photoshop and/or GIMP!

Both of those programs are great but you have to spend money to get them and time to learn to use them.

If you want simple and easy go with the one I suggested.

Free, 520kb downloads in about 1 second and takes about 2 minutes to learn. Makes pics smaller with almost no lose of quality. Integrates into your right click menu so it's always handy.

It's probably the simplist program you will find.

we have "Jasc Paintshop 5.0.3" installed, but with this program you can only change in a batch the compression and the quality, not in a batch changing the size!

Furmaster

we have "Jasc Paintshop 5.0.3" installed, but with this program you can only change in a batch the compression and the quality, not in a batch changing the size!

Furmaster

Ooh, that's oldschool

The current version is, I believe v10, I have 9.01. I can batch resize in mine.