Fur and tumblr

bunnyboy

Hey guys I am coming from a huge binge with using tumblr for looking at fur.  Some of the most scrumptious furs you ckuld see are on there.  I was wondering if anyone else used the app. Also your opinions on it, do you like it? Not like it? Did you try it and stick with the fur den forum? What are ya'lls opinions on it?

P.S. Feel free to drop a username if you want!! My username is "rainbrobrono"

After they closed all adult-related accounts it became obsolete, there are better sources like IG. 

• Like 3

Yeah I haven’t used Tumblr for fur pics in maybe a good 7 years or so. I had been relying on Pinterest for awhile and while it’s still an invaluable website for new fur pics, the website and app have become notoriously difficult to navigate over the last several months. Browsing galleries, finding new followers is not as easy as it once was. They still allow you to download photos but you can’t do the same for video reels so yeah it needs some work. Also I’ve been running into this issue where long time fur accounts that I’ve been following for years and are responsible for enormous growth and the most incredible galleries have suddenly vanished from my follower list and off of Pinterest without a trace. It really sucks to lose such a huge chunk of content because that’s almost 70,000 images gone in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Like with all platforms, Tumblr had its time. You can't rely on any of them forever. If you really want to keep something, download it. Goes for every platform. That's why I'm still around in a user-operated message board like the Fur Den.

And general life advice: Make a backup of your harddrive, test your backup, double check. Rinse repeat.

BTW, can anybody recommend a good 1-click picture/video download browser extension?

• Like 1

I didn't know tumblr was so dead but that makes sense since canceling the NSFW pics can really make the fur lovers migrate to greener pastures.  Also with other sites like Pinterest being untrustworthy with the users content can turn people off from lookinb at furs on there(no pun intended). 

On 5/16/2024 at 4:51 PM, LeComte said:

Like with all platforms, Tumblr had its time. You can't rely on any of them forever. If you really want to keep something, download it. Goes for every platform. That's why I'm still around in a user-operated message board like the Fur Den.

And general life advice: Make a backup of your harddrive, test your backup, double check. Rinse repeat.

BTW, can anybody recommend a good 1-click picture/video download browser extension?

This might help! https://www.wired.com/story/10-browser-add-ons-extensions-download-videos-photos/#:~:text=Maybe you want to save,as%2C” or something similar. The article looks like it has some stuff that could be useful to yah!! 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:17 AM, FullLengthFox said:

After they closed all adult-related accounts it became obsolete, there are better sources like IG. 

I have tried Instagram and those furs ugh! So big and scrumptious. I have been trying to stay away from IG bc my adhd sucks me into using the app too much. Either way great source for furs I agree!!

Thanks for all of your replys guys I love this community!

• Like 1