Wearing Fur To Work

pelliccia

Do any of you wear fur to the office or wherever you work? What were the reactions of coworkers? For the upcoming winter I may try to do so and would love to hear stories.

• Like 3

I wear my full length minks to work but I usually leave them in the car on the back seat. (It’s a secluded place way off the beaten track!)  Sometimes, I give colleagues a lift to the quarter mile where the main road joins and they always compliment me on whichever coat I’m wearing.  

I wouldn’t wear them into the building since there’s a communal changing room and I’d hate for them to be tampered with or stolen.  And I suppose I don’t want to be part of the general gossip. 

• Like 1

For those of us who work primarily at the remote office at home - these occasions of wearing furs to work should be stand issue! 🙂

A couple of Winters ago, I distinctly remember wearing my wife’s old Silver Fox full-length to keep warm while the space heater got the room to comfortable temperatures. Next winter, I may do this more but 1) set the temperature to just BELOW room temp and 2) use other furs that isn’t part of my wife’s regular rotation.

• Like 1

I really love to go for a lunch walk, so 2 years ago it was the first time I took a black mink coat with me. My colleagues did not notice anything until I went for my usual walk during lunch. The coat was hanging over my chair since we do not have a proper wardrobe already the entire morning. Their reactions were pretty surprised but that was about it, no discussions or anything like that. During the walk it was not even a discussion or a subject or even mentioned. Since I like to start pretty early, my second time nobody even reacted and now I switched jobs :). So no I have to wait for a new winter with this company.

I had a similar experience when I was at a customer in Sweden during winter, a colleague was surprised, but no comment from the customer. Also no comments from the surroundings.

When I was last winter in Finland in Raahe it was minus 24 degrees Celcius (-11 Fahrenheit), which was even cold for their standards, I took a mink coat with me. I could not use it during work time, since work clothes were mandatory, nobody even glanced at me.

If I ever get compliments it is from women (only 1 occasion from a man but that was in France), usually they are the ones that like to receive compliments but I never ask for for it. And yes, I am pretty insecure. Since I work in industrial environments most people are men. So the compliments are from complete strangers when I am on the streets, not during work. Nobody really seems to bother during work 🙂 and I am curious how it will turn out this time. Now I am working for a department with origins in Germany where fur is more common then in the Netherlands

• Like 2

A few years back, before I really came out, I would wear my reversible MINK (and leather) jacket to work every day. As the MINK wasn't really visible (only the cuffs and collar) there was no reaction whatsoever.

I could just relish the wearing of this jacket.

I don't know about now, as I (must) wear a fur coat every day. Fortunately I don't have to content with the situation.

Bob

I wear my fur coats and jackets to work every day during the winter months. People understand that I like it and are very friendly about it.

I used to wear my furs to work back when I had a job at Macys around 2017. I worked there during the winter season and we had plenty of cold temps with severe windchills and plenty of snow. I managed to spot a fair amount of shoppers in furs too during this period. That job ended up being cut short because by mid December I was hit with a debilitating sinus infection that knocked me off my feet for a good six weeks. 

I switch it up between a Canada goose parka, a few overland shearling jackets and a casual mink stroller. I work in the Loop in Chicago so you’re never overdressed.

I have worn my furs to work for so many years that clients and co-workers are rather used to it. Have received more compliments from people so I go on record saying where what you want when you want! 
I did have one rather unusual encounter with a newbie. I thought he might be anti-fur by comments but then he hugged me because I looked like a bear. (WEIRD/Awkward) During the hug he was petting my coat. Then he proceeded to say he did not understand why people wanted to wear fur. When that was over he privately told me he liked my coat.?????? Personally, I think he was in conflict. He moved on not a year latter. 

On 5/15/2024 at 11:33 PM, Charfur said:

I really love to go for a lunch walk, so 2 years ago it was the first time I took a black mink coat with me. My colleagues did not notice anything until I went for my usual walk during lunch. The coat was hanging over my chair since we do not have a proper wardrobe already the entire morning. Their reactions were pretty surprised but that was about it, no discussions or anything like that. During the walk it was not even a discussion or a subject or even mentioned. Since I like to start pretty early, my second time nobody even reacted and now I switched jobs :). So no I have to wait for a new winter with this company.

I had a similar experience when I was at a customer in Sweden during winter, a colleague was surprised, but no comment from the customer. Also no comments from the surroundings.

When I was last winter in Finland in Raahe it was minus 24 degrees Celcius (-11 Fahrenheit), which was even cold for their standards, I took a mink coat with me. I could not use it during work time, since work clothes were mandatory, nobody even glanced at me.

If I ever get compliments it is from women (only 1 occasion from a man but that was in France), usually they are the ones that like to receive compliments but I never ask for for it. And yes, I am pretty insecure. Since I work in industrial environments most people are men. So the compliments are from complete strangers when I am on the streets, not during work. Nobody really seems to bother during work 🙂 and I am curious how it will turn out this time. Now I am working for a department with origins in Germany where fur is more common then in the Netherlands

Hii! Cool experiences! What brings you to Nordic countries, I mean, what kind of work do you have?

Myself, I've been wearing a fox fur collar to work and did not get any negative comment. My manager mentioned once that I had a cool fashion style (I have a beanie with little horns; and second time, it was about the fur collar), and it must be because I'm French haha.

I've not yet dared to wear a full length coat, or fox vest... maybe next winter?

• Like 2

I wore fur to work often. My raccoon coat and coyote coat were accepted by young and old alike. They became used to me wearing the full length coats and hanging them in the office on those wintery days. I was the only male in fur, but a few of the women wore theirs. There was a longhair beaver, a raccoon, a Finn raccoon, and a black shearling. They were all full length coats. The woman with the raccoon coat also had a gorgeous lynx that she wore outside of work. 

I am retired now and continue to wear my furs whenever possible. Over the years, I have had only a handful of negative comments. Those who do say something are overwhelming pleased and interested to see someone wearing fur.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2024 at 10:49 AM, pelliccia said:

Do any of you wear fur to the office or wherever you work? What were the reactions of coworkers? For the upcoming winter I may try to do so and would love to hear stories.

Working a low level management job in aviation I am simply unable to. It almost feels like a double life whenever I do need to come into work in just normal casual clothes to get something or use the company computer to do something I forgot. Now working aviation and being around corporate and private aircraft you do get to see some fabulous furs. Some notable occasions include men in mink bomber jackets, women in chinchilla shawls, and couples matching in Canadian lynx strollers. The most notable of them would be seeing Rod Stewart step off his very large private jet in a full length and lavishly huge coyote fur coat. I do envy a normal office job sometimes but then I remind myself that I just have to stop and smell the roses. 

• Like 6

I wear fake fur or fur at my work. Mostly body's or a vest. Some people telling sometime; Oh what a nice vest you got on. Nice hot and soft.

• Like 1

I wear my furs to work most days. But then I work from home so I can wear what ever I fancy!

• Like 1

Je moet dragen waar je je comfortabel en comfortabel in voelt. Als dat (nep)bont is, moet iedereen ervan genieten. Geniet ervan. Ik draag graag bont, dus dat doe ik, ongeacht wat iemand anders wil.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't wear my furs to work, but i do wear others furs when i'm suppose to work as a handyman in rich mansions hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You should wear what you feel comfortable and good in. If that is (fake) fur, you should do that and enjoy it. I like to wear fur, so I do, regardless of what anyone else wants. Also at work. Some people want to touch it. Sometimes I say that it is okay, but then also by stroking the fur over their belly. Sometimes that is okay, nice...

Mina wears her furs to work! She has her coworkers try them on and OMG that is so hot!! It is a huge turn on for me and I think her but she won't admit it lol. 

Original Eppendorfer Visitenmantel für Damen

Di solito al lavoro bisogna indossare un bel grembiule, dato che ci si sporca e dopo aver lavato il cappotto si rompe

2 hours ago, fudos said:

Original Eppendorfer Visitenmantel für Damen

Di solito al lavoro bisogna indossare un bel grembiule, dato che ci si sporca e dopo aver lavato il cappotto si rompe

No fur insight here 

On 8/24/2024 at 3:42 PM, fudos said:

Questo cappotto è sicuramente utilizzato per il lavoro

You've missed the point completely