Southern or Warmer Fur Lovers?

Furman54

Looking to see if we had any fur lovers in the southeast or southwest fur lovers on here?

I know summer is coming so lighter furs shall be worn. AC’s will be buzzing. Ideas of snow gloves and Christmas will be dancing in our heads. Hopefully it will pass soon.

xoxo

Fur

• Like 1

Welp as a Texan, wearing furs is almost non existent in the summer or fall for that matter. Heck even spring. However, we do get a couple weeks of real winter cold split between December-January and January-February. When it does get cold here I try to break out my golden sable or black fox fur coat as weather permits.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, Chrisfurlover said:

Welp as a Texan, wearing furs is almost non existent in the summer or fall for that matter. Heck even spring. However, we do get a couple weeks of real winter cold split between December-January and January-February. When it does get cold here I try to break out my golden sable or black fox fur coat as weather permits.

Do you ever see women wearing fur out during that time?

• Like 1

I live in NYC and was sitting by the pool yesterday (hiding under an umbrella) shopping for vintage furs online counting the days until the cool weather comes back!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Showgirl2017 said:

I live in NYC and was sitting by the pool yesterday (hiding under an umbrella) shopping for vintage furs online counting the days until the cool weather comes back!! 

Yay!
I was chatting with a friend about the design of a fur coat today. Outside it was 25 degrees and sunny 😎 

• Like 1

A rainy holiday. I'm looking at online auction items.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gai said:

Do you ever see women wearing fur out during that time?

You do occasionally. It’s a pretty split crowd of older women in their mink stoles and such going or coming from church or going out to eat on church days etc, or if you go toward the financial wealthy areas it’s younger women in usually second hand furs jumping on mob wife trend. It’s very rare to see a man in fur unless it’s the rodeo or other events. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 4:15 PM, Showgirl2017 said:

Are you looking for any particular fur coat or shopping around in general?

On 5/27/2024 at 10:15 AM, Showgirl2017 said:

Just got a new coat myself. Dm?

I live in Atlanta, so I just crank up the A/C until the widows frost over, and put on my furs.😁

• Like 3

I'll bet frosty widows would like wearing those furs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, furs limited said:

I'll bet frosty widows would like wearing those furs.

Correct…and thus the reason why to crank up the A/C, otherwise these windows will still be waiting for the Frosted Flakes.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 1:17 PM, FurSwede said:

Are you looking for any particular fur coat or shopping around in general?

I have a list of things I’d like! Lol! However,  my newest obsession is a Golden Island Fox! Trying to decide if I’d like full length or 3/4. 

Edited by Showgirl2017

On 5/30/2024 at 5:32 PM, Furman54 said:

Just got a new coat myself. Dm?

Ooh, what did you get? I recently put a red fox vest on layaway at the furriers, but I won’t have it until fall. I couldn’t wear it now anyway so it’s fine, but I can’t wait!

On 5/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, furfeeling3 said:

I live in Atlanta, so I just crank up the A/C until the widows frost over, and put on my furs.😁

My husband and I have been trying to figure out where we’d want to relocate to in the future and my biggest concern is not living any where too warm because I have to be able to wear my furs! Lol!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Showgirl2017 said:

I have a list of things I’d like! Lol! However,  my newest obsession is a Golden Island Fox! Trying to decide if I’d like full length or 3/4. 

Lovely! When I bought my crystal fox I was choosing between crystal fox, silver and golden island.

23 hours ago, FurSwede said:

Lovely! When I bought my crystal fox I was choosing between crystal fox, silver and golden island.

Oh my goodness Crystal Fox I obsess over (used to be Blue Fox in my younger years) But I’ve always wondered if Golden Island is as soft as my wife’s Crystal.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:41 PM, Showgirl2017 said:
On 5/31/2024 at 3:14 AM, furfeeling3 said:

My husband and I have been trying to figure out where we’d want to relocate to in the future and my biggest concern is not living any where too warm because I have to be able to wear my furs! Lol!

It's also nice to be able to wear them out from time to time :-) 

18 hours ago, pnwhist said:

Oh my goodness Crystal Fox I obsess over (used to be Blue Fox in my younger years) But I’ve always wondered if Golden Island is as soft as my wife’s Crystal.

Our golden island are softer in a different kind of way, they do have longer guard hair also most like a long silver fox, but very soft and think under fur (We have a stroller and a 3/4)

Crystal is still probably our favourite as I think the dying process makes the blue fox pelts softer🥰

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So just went to my furrier and saw this style of hat sitting there as someone was putting it into storage and I’ve absolutely been obsessed with it since I saw it. It’s a beautiful fox fur wide brimmed hat that I think would be wonderful for a winter rodeo. (It had some give to the brim but wasn’t floppy if that helps). To clarify this would not be for me but my beautiful partner (plus I’m not a hat guy, hats don’t look good on me).

I wanted to know what the style of hat was called and about how much would it be to have it made? I’ve seen prices ranging from a couple hundred to $600.

Any help is appreciated! It kinda reminds me of something you’d see in a 1980/90s fur ad on the front cover accompanied by an oversized and heavy fox fur coat!

IMG_8975.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

Edited by Chrisfurlover
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes I love that style too, there are quite a few sellers who would happily create a custom fur hat for you. I think $600 is a reasonable price, you might get it for less but quality is important too. 

Edited by FullLengthFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FullLengthFox said:

Yes I love that style too, there are quite a few sellers who would happily create a custom fur hat for you. I think $600 is a reasonable price, you might get it for less but quality is important too. 

I could not agree more with that you said! So the question still remains at large: what is the proper name for this style of hat?

I would call it a wide brim fox fur hat. But it also works when you show pictures of what you would like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FullLengthFox said:

I would call it a wide brim fox fur hat. But it also works when you show pictures of what you would like. 

Yeah that’s kinda the guidelines I’ve used for all my furs. But I really appreciate you responding to my post. And yeah, I would call it a wide brim fox fur hat as well