Influencer - Olivia Joan

pnwhist

Opinion: To “catch up with the times” I think this Message Board needs an Influencer section (which I know sounds funny because a message board itself in 2024 sounds dated as it is)

Is there really NOT an admin for this website? If not, how did Le Fourrure Club get integrated into it?

Anyway, circling back: Influencer @oliviajoan18 on TikTok. I don’t know how I came across her as I never really am on that Platform but when I did, she had just inherited a huge clothing haul from her passed Grandmother who was a self-made wealthy lady. Some pieces she inherited? 2 or 3 furs one of which I would absolutely go bananas if the wife wore it - this Silver Fox full length which I provided a little snippet here.

Totally in speculation but I feel this is another way in how many of the younger generation that’s 35 and younger are not minding to wear their inherited furs out in public as the sentimentality of wanting to pay homage to a beloved relative supersedes any self-consciousness/public opinion.

Enjoy…

personal note: If my wife had THAT Silver Fox, along with at least a 3/4ths length Russian Lynx, I would absolutely consider my contribution to her winter wear as complete.

• Like 3

Indeed, I believe that Olivia Joan's grandmama had owned like 5 fur coats, and now Olivia herself inherited those 5 full length or 3/4 length fur coats! Of course, she's gonna look gorgeous in ALL OF THEM! (And funny enough, I managed to see the Fur Goddess Olivia herself {not in her fur though}, on a random spring Thursday last year, and she looked very chic in her outfit)!

And not to mention, this whole #mobwife trend that we saw this past #furallwinter, will probably instill A LOT MORE fur microtrends in fashion, much like you mentioned in this sentence:

"Totally in speculation, but I feel this is another way in, how many of the younger generation that’s 35 and younger, are not minding to wear their inherited furs out in public, as the sentimentality of wanting to pay homage to a beloved relative supersedes any self-consciousness/public opinion."

Overall, she's also from London; residing in NYC, so it's even more of a bonus (for me particularly, because I work nearby her residence apparently 😏) to hopefully see her strut outside with her pup, Otis, in her full length silver fox fur coat one day in a future #furallwinter!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In a sense, those of us who wear our furs our in public are ‘influencers’.  I’ve lost count of the number of women, (and not a few men!), who tell me they live my full length minks.  I always hope that it’ll encourage women who have been afraid to wear either their own or garments that have been inherited from mothers and aunts.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I joined Tik Tok to investigate further. That’s some collection of furs she has! 

• Like 3

On 5/16/2024 at 3:19 AM, furrybob said:

Crikey. I didn't know I was an influencer!

You’re the best kind of influencer! An individual that “just is” and not there to gain a million followers or a thousand likes per post. The “please like and subscribe” culture is so put-offish. If one is of sincere value to someone else, you won’t need to beg people to follow you.