Fur glamor movies

paul2809

What streaming service can I find alot of the movies tittles from the fur glamor site to watch on the game console?

That might be a tall order to find out. I would imagine that any streaming platform that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting Corporation is the most likely to have those old movies available for streaming, because everyone knows that Ted Turner has a particular fondness for older films. But I would also be weary of licensing issues because a lot of the older black and white movies made by MGM, MCA and Warner Brothers all have strict licensing agreements that they make with streaming companies, and that can muck up where certain movies might be listed. Good luck in your search but I think you’re really diving headfirst into a huge rabbit hole. It might just be cheaper to go buy yourself an old film projector and go to a convention that caters to classic movies. You might be able to find the original film reels at some of these shows. It’s not a guarantee but it’s probably a lot cheaper than paying for multiple streaming services at a time

With respect, Panther, 16mm projectors and movies are as much of a rabbit hole than on-line sites.  It’s old technology and requires a bit of knowledge about how to troubleshoot various issues that can arise from such equipment.  The movies themselves tend to be expensive and purchasing them can be fraught with problems.  Are they complete?  Do they suffer from the dreaded ‘vinegar syndrome’ which can result in unshowable movies?  Popular titles can go for a lot of money and are expensive to ship.  Not only that but film doesn’t lend itself to being rewound to watch the good bits over and over! 😉 

I have an interest in film projection that started at primary school and I’ve tried to indulge it as I’ve got older with varying degrees of success. It is clunky for the uninitiated and is perhaps avoided unless you’re interested in the nuts and bolts of film presentation. 

I’ve amassed a few fur titles on dvd and many old titles are available on YouTube for no money.  Having said that, I have a terrific 16mm print of an old Ann Sothern comedy series called ‘Susie - Private Secretary.  The episode I have is entitled’The sable coat’ where Susie acquires a beautiful sable coat and find that it disrupts her life! Alas, it’s not available on YouTube. 

• Like 2

@Panther10 suggested MGM for those older movies thus @dongleboyHow about trying MGM+ which is owned by Amazon now and I think offers a free trial run. 

…and no movie projector required.

Edited by pnwhist

7 hours ago, pnwhist said:

@Panther10 suggested MGM for those older movies thus @dongleboyHow about trying MGM+ which is owned by Amazon now and I think offers a free trial run. 

…and no movie projector required.

I was only using  guessing the names of those studios out of pure speculation. I was trying to recall some of the larger production houses that made movies back in the 1930’s and 1940’s. The only four I could come up with off the top of my head are Warner Brothers, Metro-Golden Meyer, MCA, and Columbia Pictures. There’s no guarantee that these movies shown on fur glamour were made by these companies but the odds are in your favor. I would suggest deep diving into the Fur Glamor page and finding out which studios made the bulk of these films and see if you can find the most common denominator 

Though for what it’s worth, Columbia Pictures didn’t have the largest production budget for most of their films at the time. They made a lot of the three stooges shorts which tended to recycle sets and props from their other works. The whole studio was wholly dependent on hand me downs for a good chunk of its early production years 

Edited by Panther10