One of the most beautiful coyote furs I have seen in a while

mofur

It must be raining, I see people in the background with their umbrella open.  Ir must not be good on the coyote coat if it is getting rained on?

The only furs that I know of that are waterproof are lynx and beaver 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panther10 said:

Does that mean they can hold up to wet and dirty shoes when their pelts are used as entryway rugs?

Nice... I feel inspired to wear my coyote parka out this weekend when its -6 for the last time til fall..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Panther10 said:

Wolverine also, plus bear

Edited by Tashi

18 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

Does that mean they can hold up to wet and dirty shoes when their pelts are used as entryway rugs?

As I’ve said before I have no such fetish when it comes to fur rugs and dirty shoes. I also know that if I spent several thousand dollars on any fur piece, I’d be mortified if it were destroyed as a result of my own misguidance. I’ve already had to pay $600 on a cleaning fee for my silver fox because I accidentally caused it to get soaked with my own sweat, even though I wore it on a day when it was like 10° F outside and I have no intention of making that mistake ever again.

if this is your fetish you can do what ever you want with your pieces, but don’t expect this to be something you’ll be able to enjoy more than once.

The coat is definitely a banger! Especially worn in California 😇 

And if I had the money, I also wouldn't care about the coat getting wet. Just about where to get a new one.

23 hours ago, Tashi said:

Wolverine also, plus bear

I thought otter is also good because of the dense hairs basically blocking water, yet I could be wrong. But lynx? I didn't knew this to be especially water resistant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Panther11. 
you mentioned that you had to pay to get your silver fox cleaned? $600 for cleaning is not your typical cleaning fee.

In order for us not to make the same mistake, what caused this expensive cleaning cost? Was something damaged by sweat? And had to be replaced? How can this be prevented?

some folks like to sleep under their coats, can overnight swear cause this damage too?

3 hours ago, minkme said:

Panther11. 
you mentioned that you had to pay to get your silver fox cleaned? $600 for cleaning is not your typical cleaning fee.

In order for us not to make the same mistake, what caused this expensive cleaning cost? Was something damaged by sweat? And had to be replaced? How can this be prevented?

some folks like to sleep under their coats, can overnight swear cause this damage too?

The skins of my coat were soaked with sweat. It managed to penetrate the liner and it was like a 30” long stain. So immediate conditioning had to be done just to save the skins from falling apart. Yeah this definitely wasn’t your average cold storage and cleaning bill. These repairs were immediate and necessary because some skins had to be completely replaced. And all of this damage occurred on one night when my family and I decided to walk around Lincoln Park zoo to admire their Christmas lights display. 

wearing furs gets hot but I would never think that sweat can do that much damage.  And to replace the pelts too.  I'd guess airing out the coat would not have solve the problem?  Makes me wonder if sleeping under a fur coat would be a bad idea due to night sweating.

I wonder if a double lined coat would have helped.

1 hour ago, minkme said:

wearing furs gets hot but I would never think that sweat can do that much damage.  And to replace the pelts too.  I'd guess airing out the coat would not have solve the problem?  Makes me wonder if sleeping under a fur coat would be a bad idea due to night sweating.

I wonder if a double lined coat would have helped.

I wrecked my favorite full length red fox from sweat... when I cross country ski, Id bring a coat along afterwards to wear after skiing and the drive home... Id take off my outer cross country ski jacket, but still have my base layer on.. after skiing for a few hours even at -20 out youve worked up quite the sweat... over time the sweat off the base layer 3-4 times a week worked its way through the lining of the coat to the pelts, and it basically rotted the pelts in the back...I didn't even notice till I put the coat on one day and it just didnt feel the same in the back when I was wearing it... once I took it off I saw the damage.. took it to the furrier and said impossible to repair... its now just a wear it at home coat...

Someone said above too lynx was water proof.. Ive noticed my long hair lynx does not like sweat at all... with the collar up , after I take it off, Ive noticed the long gaurd hairs are often matted together and dry out not straight..the almost look like an accordian if that makes sense... 

When walking at -20 outside , I notice beaver and mink don't seem to be effected by my cold breath on the fur with the collar up.. coyote, fox, and raccon all collect your breath...

• Like 1

Meanwhile, my lovely vintage full length crystal fox fur coat I plan on keeping, has been through numerous wrecks, rips, tears and any type of damage you can think of, but I have managed to take care of it, with all my heart and soul, every single time I wear it. I have experienced wearing the coat, through heavy sweat, carrying items with only my hands and not through the arms, and in inclement weather, but all you have to do; is to keep it from being majorly damaged in certain areas. 

The guidelines I would implement in wearing my full length coat is:

1. To keep the outside temperature below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (no further higher than that, due to overcast conditions, winds, humidity, etc.)

2. If the winds are about 15 ~ 20+ mph and blowing with you, instead of against you (to make sure the skins don't get severely torn apart)

3. If you aren't carrying anything significantly heavier than 2 ~ 3 lbs (because once you carry something in your hands heavier than 4 lbs, there can be tension in the arms that results in the sleeve slowly ripping.

4. To specifically wear it for either a very special occasion, or to wear it for grocery shopping, as per mentioned amongst the earlier conditions are met (although, this can be done with personal preference).

5. Last but not least, it all depends on if you wanna wear it or not! If you don't plan on wearing it for the foreseeable future, keep it in storage until you 100% KNOW that you will wear it on a specific period of time, and prepare accordingly beforehand. 

P.S. I do happen to have a few more fox fur accessories, like my vest, coat, gloves, hat and boots; but my fox fur boots are now officially unusable to the point where I would have to get a new pair of crystal fox fur boots just to wear it outside, and take major safe precautions for those boots individually from my other items. So for now, I will probably turn those unusable boots in a pair of fox fur leg warmers for my OTKH (Over the Knee High) UGGS!