Looks like the end of outdoor fur season

WinnipegFur

Well, I think my outdoor fur coat walks have come to an end... starting tomorrow looks like high singles to teen temps for the next few weeks..

Happy its sprng/ summer, but sad to put the coats away for another summer... didn't really have much of a "hardcore" winter here in Canada.. 

Still had some enjoyable walks though!

Hows everyone else's outdoor fur season going...

• Like 1

Still cooler temperatures in our basement... haha

Daily try-on's of my coat aren't unwarranted/unseasonal yet! 😉

• Like 2

End of fur coat season, yes.  But fur rugs on the floor are year round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoyoteFox said:

Still cooler temperatures in our basement... haha

Daily try-on's of my coat aren't unwarranted/unseasonal yet! 😉

LOL Yes, its always indoor fur season!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WinnipegFur said:

LOL Yes, its always indoor fur season!! 

An all-season sport!

Pretty much the same on this side as well. Although 5 of the next 7 are under 5 deg C in the morning and I told myself that that was my cut off point…

33° F this morning. Snow coming this week. 

Wearing fur in April is a bonus this year.

• Like 3

On 4/1/2024 at 5:25 AM, furs limited said:

33° F this morning. Snow coming this week. 

Wearing fur in April is a bonus this year.

Nice! -5C and -7C tonite and tomorrow, highs both days of +10c though... maybe a morning beaver jacket stroll before it gets to warm out.. after that we're into midteens for highs and above 0 for lows..

Lol I actually took my fur coat back out of storage yesterday because we keep getting these 1-3 day cold spells semi frequently throughout the past couple of months and I’m sick and tired of feeling ill prepared every time I step out of the house. I’ll probably return this coat to the furrier for cold storage in May or so but there’s still plenty of cold days left on the calendar. I don’t even trust the warmer days that are slated on the forecast 

It’s very cold here in Edinburgh with a wind that would cut you in two!  I’ll keep my mink coats to hand for a few more weeks yet, I think. 

• Like 1

My fur season is from 1st September to the end of the following May.

I (must) wear  fur every day outside of those months.

For cool days  in the 'summer' I have some fur trimed jackets

• Like 1

I truly do envy all of you who have the pleasure of living in colder climates. The Texas fur season started in very late December and ended mid January. But despite this, I have tried my best this year to get some use out of my furs and wear them out. Like @furrybob mentioned, a fur trimmed jacket or a lined zip up might not be a bad idea for the crisp fall and spring air that appears every once in a blue moon. I hope all of y'all have good continuing fur season!

We're going through a rollercoaster of temperatures... it was 15 here yesterday which is well above normal... midweek its calling almost 20, but my mid next week back to minus single digits overnite, and possibly snow flurries... 

Anything goes up here this year it seems!

we are expecting temps in the high 50°’s and low 60°’s through the next two weeks but I don’t trust it. I’ve learned to stay cautious when it comes to spring weather around here. It’s not a true spring in Chicago unless it’s accompanied by thunderstorms, hail and the possibility of tornadoes. So if there is no word of those oncoming threats associated with these warmer temps, then it’s a total false alarm. So my furs are staying where they are in case I need them

Edited by Panther10
  • Like 1

I know it may be a little bit off-topic, but since I am going to visit to the UK (London and Leicester) in May, I am not sure if the weather is suitable for wearing two of my faux fur jackets during the travel, and whether I should buy a new fur parka for the visit, because I was told warm and rainy days are common in day-time during May in the UK, and I am worried it will be too warm and convenient to wear full-furs jackets (tho faux) outside. 🤔

It is very warm at the moment during the day reaching highs of 20. At night, it does cool down but not enough to wear a full fur coat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I understand you and understand this sad feeling. I don't bringing my furs to storage. I use a room less humidity with a good temperature for don't destroy the fur and different foxes skins. 

I can't wait for the next season and I hope this season began with a beautiful and cold autumn for already a fabulous winter season.

• Like 2

I agree with you, personally I don't like of see my fur in storage for the summer break. Honestly cleaning is not a necessary if you have save your fur in this protection and good room condition. 

• Like 1

I was trying to figure out a way to avoid the cost of storage. Unfortunately I don’t really have the space or proper conditions at home. I’ve been collecting for a few years (mostly second hand) and this is the first time I’ve stored them. Hope my babies will be ok! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kev86 said:

Oh I understand you and understand this sad feeling. I don't bringing my furs to storage. I use a room less humidity with a good temperature for don't destroy the fur and different foxes skins. 

I can't wait for the next season and I hope this season began with a beautiful and cold autumn for already a fabulous winter season.

I know!! I’m already hoping for a cold autumn & winter! Lol!

• Like 2

I understand you, fur is precious when we buy second hand but fur become fragile and I know you prefer storage if you don't have good condition at home.

Me too when my fur is in the room and i don't see it, I hope my babies are safe and wait next season with impatience.

Yes I know you, all fur lover dream of the perfect cold season !!! Impatience and excitation.

• Like 1