Fur Trading?

CoyoteFox

I'm curious if any members on this site actively trade fur coats with each other via mail?

As I'm scroll through ebay these days, the prices are up while the quality is down... It seems like all the good stuff/great coats have already been unearthed and are probably all in our respective collections... haha

I would rather spend my limited fluffy money on insured shipping and on professionally cleaning & glazing a coat that I'm going to send back to you---knowing mine is coming back fluffier than when I sent it... Or maybe it was a straight-up trade and I'm sending it on to someone else in exchange for my next obsession...

There are obviously numerous challenges and you'd have to figure out safeguards to protect everyone...

Maybe I'm naive to how much cleaning is as I have a friend who's a furrier and he charges me $50/coat through his guy.

Send me a direct message if you're interested in exchanging photos of your collection and coats that might be interested in trading short-term or straight-up... Life's too short to not have a variety of fur experiences anyway you can!

I would never participate a fur trade. First of all I would have to have an up to date inspection and appraisal assigned to the coat to guarantee it’s current condition and level of quality, second of all what guarantees do I have that this coat is not only of equal value and quality to the one I am sending away vs the one I’m getting in return? And 3rd? Are the sizes guaranteed to be the same? I usually wear custom coats because I can’t find anything big enough off the rack, but what if the person I’m dealing with is around the same height and weight but is more content with second-hand furs? What if he’s a smoker?  And I’m sure I’m not the only one with these concerns. 

so I’m sorry to say but it feels like this plan wouldn’t work