El-Nino-d

WinnipegFur

Anyone else getting El - Nino-d... I went from being wrapped in raccoons and foxes for 3 weeks to it being +6C outside...

Even in the morning when Im more likely to go for my walk in the park in fur, Its just to warm for me at 0C degrees.. that and the car is a mess from the melt... the street are just a sloppy/slush/ice mess...

Doesnt look like any cool down around here for at least another week, -10 overnight is a "comfortable" raccoon temperature to walk and not get too warm... this has been one weird winter...

For the most accurate North American forecasts, I've been following "DIRECT WEATHER" on Youtube... Really digestible in-depth explanations about why the temperature and weather does what it does, and their long term models are spot-on... Highly recommend you check out the most current video every night!

And yes, I'm annoyed to be in the same boat in Toronto... There are hundreds/thousands of fashionable women who are just itching to be out and seen in their 1980s mob wife fur coats this Winter... Let it snow!!!

Here…the.snow.never.came…

Our forecast would say 3 days out from a snow day. Then 2 then 1 and then within the next hour four the next 8 hours and it just never surfaced despite the temps being in the low teens Fahrenheit. 

It definitely has been one weird winter and now we’re back to the low 60s.

I mean the weather here has shifted from wet and mild to frostbite inducing cold and back again in a matter of weeks. Luckily I keep all of my furs in the same closet as my normal winter jackets and spring jackets so depending on the weather that day, I never feel like I’m forced to take my fur along on a day that I don’t need it. It’s definitely not as fun to wear a nylon shell vs a fur but I’m not really a fleece or sheepskin person so there’s no in between kind of textile for me to fall back on 

Yeah.. I hear ya.. upto +7 here in Winnipeg today.. thats late March if you're lucky temps.. and more common for mid April... -6 tonite, and a windchill of -9.. I might have to call it a fir day tomorrow just to wear a fur coat even though its going to break 0 again tomorrow... nothing really colling down til Mid next week though, and looks like the snow we are losing now will be replaced... but like I always say, they cant get tomorrows weather right, never mind 7 days from now...

I wish I listened to my gut and wore my furs out whenever Texas had a pretty bad drop in temperature first week an a half of January. It got to 8°f and had a wind chill of -2°f. Only bad part of Texas cold is it’s just icy. I was able to wear my full length Russian sable out with a nice dinner outfit, thankfully the day we live in, I got a lot of compliments instead of paint thrown at me lol. Praying for more cold weather in February

• Like 1

Today in NYC, it went back from -5°C last month in January to 7°C in February, we might be having an early spring, judging by the current outlook of this weather, and also Groundhog day might predict it again, too. But I was able to see so many new ladies wearing and donning their fox fur jackets, full length minks, sables, raccoons, and other fur accessories as well! Especially, since this season has been all about the mob wife aesthetic, with this microtrend rising up on the horizon!

It’s called false spring and happens every year. We get a slight warm up and everyone thinks winter is over.

7 hours ago, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

It’s called false spring and happens every year. We get a slight warm up and everyone thinks winter is over.

We havent really had winter here by any means... We literally had an inch of snow on the ground until a week before Christmas.. we had one significant dump that finally gave them enough snow to groom the cross country ski trails... it then went cold for about 10 days, and in all honesty , it never got to that -40 stuff Winnipeg is famous for... and now for the last week weve been 12-20C above normal temps...   anything is possible, but Im guessing the chance of -30 low and -20 highs this winter are pretty slim now knowing how it historically goes around here...

8 hours ago, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

Well in this instance we had 9 full days of actual winter weather in January and then everyone assumed fall was over 😂